Ebuyer & Google checkout - Save £1.84 on an order over £30!!!!

Found 30th Oct 2007
I Just signed up to Google checkout and was hoping to use it to get £10 off an order at Ebuyer (A hard drive for my girlfriends PC).

So i added a 160GB Western Digital hard drive at £30.97, selected super saver delivery at a cost of £3.79 bringing the grand total with VAT to £35.43.

I selected Google checkout and noticed my £10 discount had been taken off, so i was pleased. Until i looked at the shipping charge, and i was now being charged £12.62 for Delivery on Friday the 2nd November! This is not the shipping option i selected, and the drop down list on Google checkout doesn't give me any other shipping option.

So my £35.43 order with Ebuyer, comes to £33.59 with Google checkout, saving a total of £1.84 :shock:

Is anyone else having this problem? I think it might be a Northern Ireland delivery thing, as retailers seem to take every chance they can get to screw us out of more money for delivery.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
1 Comment

Think it's just a NI thing, I think prices have gone up anyway so you're right that savings aren't quite what they want you to think they are!
Post a comment
@
    Text