ebuyer not accepting 2 year warranty EU law?

my air condtiioner has became faulty out of no reason other than it wasn't the best quality but was still £120 but some (ok minor) faults have occured.

When i stated that it was past the 1 year warranty but under EU law it is 2 year warranty they said rubbish like:

"For all details of our returns policy and procedures please see the link
below:

static.ebuyer.com/cus…mFx

Unfortunately we are unable to override any timescales for return"

Surely if they operate within the EU they have to accept them rules. It wouldn't bother me too much if it was cheap but £120 is fairly expensive.

Any ideas?

5 Comments

Two of my friends have gone thorugh this recently, one with a PS£ from GAME, the other with a Macbook from Apple.
If they operate in the EU then yes, there is a two year law and you should keep fighting what they say. Threaten to write to Head office or something.

Edit: ]http//ww…htm this should explain it further.

Haven't you got to prove that the item had a manufacturing defect when you bought it? Rather than them prove that you've broken it by misuse?

Benjimoron;5433780

Haven't you got to prove that the item had a manufacturing defect when … Haven't you got to prove that the item had a manufacturing defect when you bought it? Rather than them prove that you've broken it by misuse?

after a year i believe it is on the customer to prove there is a fault that is from a manufacturing defect etc.

shanecr;5433866

after a year i believe it is on the customer to prove there is a fault … after a year i believe it is on the customer to prove there is a fault that is from a manufacturing defect etc.

Not sure if the EU one is different but I think it's actually 6 months onwards although places don't usually enforce it until after a year.

Speak to your local ]CAB
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763986
    2. Any PS4 News Here29213595
    3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846087
    4. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941301

See more discussions