Groups

ebuyer warranty

i bought an oil heater from ebuyer back in dec and its gone kaput

whats their warranty policy? 1 yr?

7 Comments

i would have said one year warranty unless it was a refurb or something which is usually less but they will state this.

Email them and see if they'll sort out your problems or fob you off to the manufacturer!

You need to use their online returns system - its fairly straightforward but they can take a few days to get back to you sometimes...

The key thing isn't the manufacturer's guarantee. It's the "Sale of Goods Act 1979 as amended"

For the purposes of this Act, the quality of goods includes their state and condition and the following (among others) are in appropriate cases aspects of the quality of goods—

(a) fitness for all the purposes for which goods of the kind in question are commonly supplied,
    (b) appearance and finish,
    (c) freedom from minor defects,
    (d) safety, and
    (e) durability.

The buyer may require the seller—

(a) to repair the goods, or
    (b) to replace the goods.

(2) If the buyer requires the seller to repair or replace the goods, the seller must—

(a) repair or, as the case may be, replace the goods within a reasonable time but without causing significant inconvenience to the buyer;

(b) bear any necessary costs incurred in doing so (including in particular the cost of any labour, materials or postage).

The Statute of limitations (I think) puts a time limit of 6 years on this liability. Obviously, you are going to get a repair rather than a replacement if the article is of a significant age. Also, someitems may not be expected to last six years, though I submit a heater should last longer than has yours.

Check out the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (As Amended) HERE

Remember: It's the responsibility of your supplier to put things right, NOT the manufacturer. The contract to buy was between you and the shop. NOT between you and the manufacturer.

Involve the CAB, Trading Standards etc., as neeed. There's also Which? Legal helpline (about a tenner for three months) who can help with advice and wording letters and the like.

Be prepared to dig your heels in and good luck.

:giggle: Don't think that will be neccessary, its only 6 months old and will be covered for a year.

jah128;2287600

:giggle: Don't think that will be neccessary, its only 6 months old and … :giggle: Don't think that will be neccessary, its only 6 months old and will be covered for a year.

jah128 - I bought 2 of those oil heaters and both of them stopped working after a few months. I filled in the RMA form on their website, they collected it the next day and refunded the money!.

I think ebuyer is one of the very best websites in terms of price and customer service!

ebuyer's online returns system has been very good for me in the past. It's straightfoward and usually gets the job done within a few days.

Original Poster

just a quick update

i did fill it in and they did send someone back - i had the thign taped up but he had to have it boxed up so he'll be back... quite efficient really.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. One for the mathmeticians1932
      2. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4681417
      3. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941351
      4. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.22

See more discussions