Echo devices showing Offline in Alexa App

Posted 26th Oct 2018Edited by:"kakinyemi"
Just wanting to know if anyone can point me in the right direction as I am getting really frustrated. Here goes.
I have an Echo, Echo dot, Fire TV and Fire Stick working and connected to the internet and responding to commands. Unfortunately all bar the Echo are showing as Offline in the Alexa App. I am running the latest version of IOS on my iPhone and have downloaded the latest version of Alexa App. To date I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Alexa, removing the device and re-adding, a different device, rebooting my router, reset the Echo devices, the web version of Alexa, all to no avail. Amazon "so called" Technical staff have been pretty useless, from their end, all my devices are showing online. I also have a rogue Fire Tablet which has been de-registered from my account and still appears. I have other non Amazon devices like Ring, Hive, Kasa which all show online and work as expected.Any help will be greatly appreciated
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
In the absence of an answer at present, I'll have a crack at it...

Just to clarify....
"Echo devices showing Offline in Alexa App"
"Unfortunately all bar the Echo are showing as Offline in the Alexa App"

I'm assuming you mean only the Echo devices are showing offline?

If so, when I read your questions title I initially assumed it might be: You are signed into a different amazon account on the devices, to the one you are signed into on your your Alexa app - It sounds pretty obvious, but worth mentioning & checking anyway.

Outside of that, a quick google search found the following:

techtimes.com/art…htm

trustedreviews.com/opi…622

en.community.sonos.com/ama…854
Based on the replies in the link above perhaps try disabling all skills in the Alexa app... and while they are still disabled reset, and reconnect your Echo devices

Another post suggests, "The issue is related to a performance test we had to do with Amazon. If you see spurious names, please do Forget All and then Discover Devices."

stackoverflow.com/que…old
"I had the Echo devices on two different router connection. I turned wifi off one of our routers and all the Echo devices logged into the same router: problem solved.

Your issue: check that all Echo devices are logged into the same router.
"

Bit of a stab in the dark I'm afraid, but here's hoping something in the above helps
Edited by: "jcrider" 26th Oct 2018
Thanks for your help.

Just to clarify, I meant all Amazon devices are showing offline, apart from the Echo (the tall one) which was the first device added to Alexa.

Fire TV, Fire TV Stick and Echo Dot are all showing offline, however all non Amazon devices (Ring, Hive etc) are showing online.
I am signed into the same account on the devices and in Alexa.

I haven't tried to disable the Alexa skills so I will try that. Neither have I tried forgetting the device although I have deregistered all non working devices. I'm not quite sure if they are the same thing I will also checkout the links above.

Fortunately or maybe unfortunately, I have only one router.

I do see one spurious device which I have already removed but will not go away and no way to forcefully remove it.

You have definitely given me something to help with the troubleshooting process.

Thanks for your time, it's really appreciated.
kakinyemi38 m ago

Thanks for your help.Just to clarify, I meant all Amazon devices are …Thanks for your help.Just to clarify, I meant all Amazon devices are showing offline, apart from the Echo (the tall one) which was the first device added to Alexa. Fire TV, Fire TV Stick and Echo Dot are all showing offline, however all non Amazon devices (Ring, Hive etc) are showing online.I am signed into the same account on the devices and in Alexa.I haven't tried to disable the Alexa skills so I will try that. Neither have I tried forgetting the device although I have deregistered all non working devices. I'm not quite sure if they are the same thing I will also checkout the links above.Fortunately or maybe unfortunately, I have only one router. I do see one spurious device which I have already removed but will not go away and no way to forcefully remove it.You have definitely given me something to help with the troubleshooting process. Thanks for your time, it's really appreciated.

welcome, and I hope one of the suggestions work. Please let me know how you get on as its certainly an issue others have experienced.
Will, do
kakinyemi6 h, 47 m ago

Thanks for your help.Just to clarify, I meant all Amazon devices are …Thanks for your help.Just to clarify, I meant all Amazon devices are showing offline, apart from the Echo (the tall one) which was the first device added to Alexa. Fire TV, Fire TV Stick and Echo Dot are all showing offline, however all non Amazon devices (Ring, Hive etc) are showing online.I am signed into the same account on the devices and in Alexa.I haven't tried to disable the Alexa skills so I will try that. Neither have I tried forgetting the device although I have deregistered all non working devices. I'm not quite sure if they are the same thing I will also checkout the links above.Fortunately or maybe unfortunately, I have only one router. I do see one spurious device which I have already removed but will not go away and no way to forcefully remove it.You have definitely given me something to help with the troubleshooting process. Thanks for your time, it's really appreciated.

I've no useful information to add, just want to point out that Ring is an Amazon device as the company is owned by them.
Edited by: "jamie15" 26th Oct 2018
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions