Echo dot issue

Found 28th Jul
My freind is bringing his echo dot to me to see if i can fix it.
He turns on the power and the blue lights circle round. that is all it does. they don't go off until you cut the power. button presses have no effect and there is no response when asked. this has not been damaged or dropped.
has anybody experienced this? Can it be fixed easily or is it a return under warranty job?

thanks
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
Is it being used with the original USB charger? If not the one it's being used with isn't outputting high enough.
You can reset them by holding down the microphone and minus button together for 30 seconds. Make sure it's connected to the internet and the volume is turned up. My dot is only used to run spotify through my sonos system, I spent nearly an hour trying to figure out why the damn thing was lighting up but remained silent...... turned out my OH had turned the volume down on the sonos speaker while he was on his phone!
Jay0802861 h, 31 m ago

Is it being used with the original USB charger? If not the one it's being …Is it being used with the original USB charger? If not the one it's being used with isn't outputting high enough.

Agreed - most likely this.
We had one that became unresponsive, friend the same amazon refunded them no issues and we bought google minis
@Jay080286@booky thanks for the advice
BFCsider28th Jul

@Jay080286 @booky thanks for the advice

Now sorted. The cable was fine but they were using a cheap travel usb plug. When using another plug it was fine.

Thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants