Echo Dot v’s Speaker

Posted 22nd Nov
Seen the dot on Amazon today at £22 and the speaker at £59.99 was going to make impulse purchase on dot - wanting to use it for music in lounge and for asking questions - is there a big difference in sound quality for those of you that have both? Is it worth the extra £37? Thanks in advance 🤙🏾😘.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
I have echo dots around the house and Im perfectly happy with them.

Friend has an echo and not noticed any difference for general background music that he uses his for.
ScubaDudes22/11/2019 21:41

I have echo dots around the house and Im perfectly happy with them.Friend …I have echo dots around the house and Im perfectly happy with them.Friend has an echo and not noticed any difference for general background music that he uses his for.

Thanks. 🤙🏾
The 3rd gen "big" echo certainly sounds better than any of the Dot models. But the 3rd gen Dot (with the fabric cover) sounds far better than the 2nd gen Dot.
The Echo Dot 3rd gen sounds nice for a small speaker but I'm guessing that the larger Echo (3rd gen) will sound a lot more fuller and have more presence. It should have more bass, better sound quality in terms of detail and clarity, and the design of it means that it has a 360 degree sound. The Dot makes for a nice small speaker to say use in the kitchen whilst you are making some food or to listen to the radio in the morning in the bedroom. But if I was actually going for a device to sit and listen to music on and enjoy it then I'd spend the extra on the Echo every single time without a doubt.
Haircut_10022/11/2019 22:18

The Echo Dot 3rd gen sounds nice for a small speaker but I'm guessing that …The Echo Dot 3rd gen sounds nice for a small speaker but I'm guessing that the larger Echo (3rd gen) will sound a lot more fuller and have more presence. It should have more bass, better sound quality in terms of detail and clarity, and the design of it means that it has a 360 degree sound. The Dot makes for a nice small speaker to say use in the kitchen whilst you are making some food or to listen to the radio in the morning in the bedroom. But if I was actually going for a device to sit and listen to music on and enjoy it then I'd spend the extra on the Echo every single time without a doubt.

Makes sense - thanks.
lisaAylesbury22/11/2019 22:20

Makes sense - thanks.

We have a dot in the kitchen and since last year haven’t used our Bose link mini, the sound is that good, not a massive kitchen so works really well. Got one for the 99p offer a few weeks ago and it’s in the lounge, not blasting it but does a good job for big open plan room.
What about buying two dots as a bit of a compromise. It would allow you to have them in two rooms or you can pair them to create a stereo set up.
slippers197722/11/2019 22:31

What about buying two dots as a bit of a compromise. It would allow you …What about buying two dots as a bit of a compromise. It would allow you to have them in two rooms or you can pair them to create a stereo set up.

How do you do that? (Excuse my ignorance..... 😹)
slippers197722/11/2019 22:31

What about buying two dots as a bit of a compromise. It would allow you …What about buying two dots as a bit of a compromise. It would allow you to have them in two rooms or you can pair them to create a stereo set up.

Was going to suggest the same thing. 2 Dot 3gens in stereo are pretty good, we’ve done it in one room. Though I think you may need Amazon Prime Music, not sure as I have it anyway.
You do it under devices in the Alexa app.
Deffo get the bigger unit!!...been looking at the studio too. It apparently sounds brill!

Have a Sonos One which I love.

I'm just torn between Alexa and Google.....Alexa is a bit thick but faster at turning on and off lights.
Edited by: "sxxychocolate" 23rd Nov
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants