echo notifications

Posted 20th Feb
hello so I have echos all over and when you buy something it does that beep sound and flashes yellow to tell you have notification, which would just be the item has been delivered.

now I don't want it go off in bedroom as it quite loud and don't need it in bedroom,

so I thought i worked it out by disabling communications on it but still doing it.

does anyone no how to turn it off.

I noticed the software of these become quite buggy, for instance it keeps changing it volume,
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
Turning Echo off? Simple

Put it in a bucket of water.

It listens. It listens all the time. To everything you and anyone else says. And then it analyses what was said if a keyword was used. You want to know what the keywords are? So do we all but Amazon isn't telling. Nor is anyone with any power doing anything about this gross invasion of privacy

Amazon is really quite scary
ccnp20/02/2020 11:07

Turning Echo off? SimplePut it in a bucket of water. It listens. It …Turning Echo off? SimplePut it in a bucket of water. It listens. It listens all the time. To everything you and anyone else says. And then it analyses what was said if a keyword was used. You want to know what the keywords are? So do we all but Amazon isn't telling. Nor is anyone with any power doing anything about this gross invasion of privacyAmazon is really quite scary

lol it can listen,I just want it too too stop telling me about deliverrs in the bedroom
Anyway, mine glows yellow for notifications but I've never noticed a beep or sound when it does it.

ccnp20/02/2020 11:07

Turning Echo off? SimplePut it in a bucket of water. It listens. It …Turning Echo off? SimplePut it in a bucket of water. It listens. It listens all the time. To everything you and anyone else says. And then it analyses what was said if a keyword was used. You want to know what the keywords are? So do we all but Amazon isn't telling. Nor is anyone with any power doing anything about this gross invasion of privacyAmazon is really quite scary

It only sends the audio if it hears the wake word though, so yes it's obviously always listening for the wake word, it isn't transmitting the data. I know conspiracy theorists will screech but how do you know. Because its really really easy to prove. Obviously you will sometimes get false positives, but they don't transmit everything you say to amazon.
Edited by: "dcx_badass" 20th Feb
dcx_badass20/02/2020 11:11

Anyway, mine glows yellow for notifications but I've never noticed a beep …Anyway, mine glows yellow for notifications but I've never noticed a beep or sound when it does it. It only sends the audio if it hears the wake word though, so yes it's obviously always listening for the wake word, it isn't transmitting the data. I know conspiracy theorists will screech but how do you know. Because its really really easy to prove. Obviously you will sometimes get false positives, but they don't transmit everything you say to amazon.

Oka well I found settings in setting, for sound and put none for notifications,so still flash but no noise
dcx_badass20/02/2020 11:11

Anyway, mine glows yellow for notifications but I've never noticed a beep …Anyway, mine glows yellow for notifications but I've never noticed a beep or sound when it does it. It only sends the audio if it hears the wake word though, so yes it's obviously always listening for the wake word, it isn't transmitting the data. I know conspiracy theorists will screech but how do you know. Because its really really easy to prove. Obviously you will sometimes get false positives, but they don't transmit everything you say to amazon.

They've got a team of snoopers in Romania apparently, BBC's Panorama 17/02/2020 reveals.
TopTrump20/02/2020 11:44

They've got a team of snoopers in Romania apparently, BBC's Panorama …They've got a team of snoopers in Romania apparently, BBC's Panorama 17/02/2020 reveals.

Right but that will still be audio it's transmitted, it doesn't transmit it unless you say the wake word (or close enough for a false positive).
jon81uk20/02/2020 11:59

Does this …Does this helphttps://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=202165800

thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants