Groups

Eden Project and Newquay Beach

Going Newquay ways over easter weekend with the in laws (yikes!!) and one of the days we are gonna go to Eden Project. Looks really crap if i'm honest. plants...wooo..hold me back im gonna lose it with the amount of adrenaline wooshing round me as i type.....anyhoo....seriously whats it like for non-green-things enthusiasts....plus i got a 2 and a 5 year old with me..... will they have fun?!

also will be heading to newquay beach one day..... so any feedback be appreciated !

much love ya'll!

36 Comments

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z106/emasu/Photography/IMG_5239.jpg

Well that's newquay's beach lol.

Banned

People I know that have been to the Eden project have said its crap!

I'd love to go there,dunno if its any good for kids though!

Original Poster

emasu;4881906

Well that's newquay's beach lol.

wow....but i doubt it will be that dead over the weekend...looks really awesome though!

Original Poster

guv;4881919

People I know that have been to the Eden project have said its crap!

o crap.... that will be 37quid well spent getting in then. stupid arty-farty brother in law is insistent we go....

Banned

You are so lucky to be getting away this weekend.

I wish I was, hope the weather is good for you x x

s37.photobucket.com/alb…how

Thats from when I went.....quite tiring walking round, but I enjoyed it!

(There are pictures from Blue Reef aquarium, St Michaels Mount & some beaches also)

Original Poster

deb8z;4881924

I'd love to go there,dunno if its any good for kids though!

ill let ya know!! we are going eurodisney the week after..minus in laws...yay!

Banned

magicbeans;4881951

ill let ya know!! we are going eurodisney the week after..minus in … ill let ya know!! we are going eurodisney the week after..minus in laws...yay!

Pity. If you were going the week previous, you could have taken them with you and left them there!:w00t::w00t:

Original Poster

DLM;4881937

You are so lucky to be getting away this weekend.I wish I was, hope the … You are so lucky to be getting away this weekend.I wish I was, hope the weather is good for you x x

thanks im jus checking that on bbc weather!
    hope u have a good weekend.... as well...relax and catch some good tele!

birdyboyuk;4881946

http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e90/birdyboyuk/Cornwall%20June%202008/?albumview=slideshowThats from when I went.....quite tiring walking round, but I enjoyed it!(There are pictures from Blue Reef aquarium, St Michaels Mount & some beaches)

wow!!!!!!1 thanks so much. eden project looks like loadsa flowers so mum in law will love it. like the lil scultpure thingy...so theres a lil more to do huh. st micheals mount looks really impresive. will get bro in law on the case to sort it out...thanks so much ur a star x

Banned

magicbeans;4881983

thanks im jus checking that on bbc weather!hope u have a good weekend.... … thanks im jus checking that on bbc weather!hope u have a good weekend.... as well...relax and catch some good tele!

Will do x x

Original Poster

guv;4881982

Pity. If you were going the week previous, you could have taken them with … Pity. If you were going the week previous, you could have taken them with you and left them there!:w00t::w00t:

haha!!!! they arent that bad acually...but i dont spend time with them that often..i just know if i had to act nice and sincere to their son for a weekend it would drive me nuts! good luck me!

went last summer to a comedy session.......was drunk most of the day so had a good time, it was pretty but we were bored after an hour

will post some pics in a bit

magicbeans;4881983

wow!!!!!!1 thanks so much. eden project looks like loadsa flowers so mum … wow!!!!!!1 thanks so much. eden project looks like loadsa flowers so mum in law will love it. like the lil scultpure thingy...so theres a lil more to do huh. st micheals mount looks really impresive. will get bro in law on the case to sort it out...thanks so much ur a star x

No worries! I actually have over 100 pics from Eden Project:shock: Just not uploaded...

Hey Choc, did you go in the taxi's at the end in Eden Project?

Original Poster

choc1969;4882031

went last summer to a comedy session.......was drunk most of the day so … went last summer to a comedy session.......was drunk most of the day so had a good time, it was pretty but we were bored after an hourwill post some pics in a bit

omg is that bill bailey on stage!! hes funny! thanks for pics...looks ok.... but still crap for my kids!! o well .... maybe cos i think its gonna be crap it will be aweoms!?!?! heres hoping!

birdyboyuk;4882063

No worries! I actually have over 100 pics from Eden Project:shock: Just … No worries! I actually have over 100 pics from Eden Project:shock: Just not uploaded...

nah that was a great lil taster..thanks x

Taxi's ?

We went on this ride in a slow trainy thing back to the top...

just got back from the weekend in newquay the beach is nice... if you've ever been to blackpool you'll appreciate the difference!!!

magicbeans;4882146

omg is that bill bailey on stage!! hes funny! thanks for pics...looks … omg is that bill bailey on stage!! hes funny! thanks for pics...looks ok.... but still crap for my kids!! o well .... maybe cos i think its gonna be crap it will be aweoms!?!?! heres hoping!nah that was a great lil taster..thanks x

Bill was awesome.......that was the day he got caught speeding and recently banned lmao

he was on for about 3 hours and by then I'd had several pints of cider and JD.......do not remember the trip back to Mevagissey lol other pics of me and my mates hunting food in an all night Tesco but too embarrassed to post

choc1969;4882152

Taxi's ?We went on this ride in a slow trainy thing back to the top...

When I went, they had taxis that kinda jolted, and were based on Elvis.....t'was a good laugh, not brill tho! lol

Original Poster

choc1969;4882183

Bill was awesome.......that was the day he got caught speeding and … Bill was awesome.......that was the day he got caught speeding and recently banned lmaohe was on for about 3 hours and by then I'd had several pints of cider and JD.......do not remember the trip back to Mevagissey lol other pics of me and my mates hunting food in an all night Tesco but too embarrassed to post

DO IT!!!!

Original Poster

birdyboyuk;4882227

When I went, they had taxis that kinda jolted, and were based on … When I went, they had taxis that kinda jolted, and were based on Elvis.....t'was a good laugh, not brill tho! lol

ooo that sounds like fun!

Banned

eden proejct is not so bad ya know...

the rainforest bit is pretty cool really. The rest less so, but still worth a visit. BTW, if you do gift aid, you get a years free pass (might be useless to you, i dunno).

Original Poster

vibeone;4882268

eden proejct is not so bad ya know...the rainforest bit is pretty cool … eden proejct is not so bad ya know...the rainforest bit is pretty cool really. The rest less so, but still worth a visit. BTW, if you do gift aid, you get a years free pass (might be useless to you, i dunno).

thanks u.....i doubt ill be going back no matter how good it is. its a 5 and a half hour journey from ours!

Banned

magicbeans;4882285

thanks u.....i doubt ill be going back no matter how good it is. its a 5 … thanks u.....i doubt ill be going back no matter how good it is. its a 5 and a half hour journey from ours!

yeah same for me, although as it completely ****** it down when we went, we popped in on the way home cos it was sunny!

It'll be alright MB.
    I am a green enthusiast ( i.e. keen gardener, biologist, very keen on botany) but it's not really that sort of place. The domes are really good structures and interesting. Actually the more I think, the more I remember how I have tried very hard to appreciate the place on the three visits I have made - but not up my street. I hope that the weather holds up - the forecast isn't bad. Also hope that the crowds aren't teeming. (I'm not leaving my garden!!)
    It's not dreadful.
    Newquay - Blue Reef is fine, beach is OK. (Don't get kareokecol on to the subject of Newquay!!)

chesso;4882309

It'll be alright MB. Newquay - Blue Reef is fine, beach is OK. (Don't get … It'll be alright MB. Newquay - Blue Reef is fine, beach is OK. (Don't get kareokecol on to the subject of Newquay!!)

I ain't sayin' nothin' !!!:whistling:

But I would choose somewhere nicer to spend my first Bank Hol. of the year.

Original Poster

thanks chesso and KC..... whats KCs gripe with newquay. oh not looking forward to trip now!! hehe

Funny you should mention Newquay, I've recently got back from a couple of nights there myself. I don't know about the Eden Project as never been myself but there will be plenty for you and the kids to do in and around Newquay town. If surfing takes your fancy let me know as my Sis works as a surf instructor there so I can supply you with the details.

How was the trip Beans?

Matrixblade;4940840

How was the trip Beans?

+1
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764699
      2. Sky Fibre Max55
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4842329
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?35232

See more discussions