EDF raises electricity prices for second time this year - Electricity by 9% and Gas by 5%

SuperEd 13 replies
Found 12th Apr
Here we go again, as if they don't earn enough, prices set to rise from 21st June - No doubt that the others will follow suit like previous.

https://cloud.lovindublin.com/images/uploads/2015/12/_blogWide/tumblr_m7ue9nxcvj1rq44n4.gif?mtime=20151208180947

From 21 June, EDF customers will see electricity prices increase by 9% and gas prices go up by 5.5%.
The supplier previously increased electricity prices by 8.4% on 1 March, although it cut gas prices in January.

The rise was immediately criticised by the energy regulator, Ofgem, which said it was hard to justify.

The average dual-fuel customer will pay an extra £78 a year, bringing the annual bill to £1,160, EDF said.

Source

Top comments

proves yet again how corrupt and useless ofgen are
13 Comments

Poor EDF only made (Euro)2.1Billion in profit last year

Solar and a Tesla battery pack is the way forward

Original Poster SuperEd

*Sloman*

Poor EDF only made (Euro)2.1Billion in profit last yearSolar and a Tesla … Poor EDF only made (Euro)2.1Billion in profit last yearSolar and a Tesla battery pack is the way forward

ridiculous isn't it!

Personally looking at having solar panels in the next year or so, seriously getting silly with fuel prices

goonertillidie

ridiculous isn't it!Personally looking at having solar panels in the next … ridiculous isn't it!Personally looking at having solar panels in the next year or so, seriously getting silly with fuel prices

I think that is probably what they want you to do. The more people feeding into the grid the less power they need to produce themselves in expensive power stations.

Income tax basic rate limit has been raised since April 2017 to over £11k, so we have more money in our pockets, so it's not a problem.

Oh gosh. Its been a month since i moved to EDF and now i need to look into some other provider

Banned

Chiptivo

Income tax basic rate limit has been raised since April 2017 to over … Income tax basic rate limit has been raised since April 2017 to over £11k, so we have more money in our pockets, so it's not a problem.

rofl.....

proves yet again how corrupt and useless ofgen are

I'm sure most sensible folk have by now switched to a fixed deal (and got a bit of cashback too ) . Sadly this will mainly impact the poor and/ or elderly still on the variable who either don't or can't switch (not internet savvy or on prepayment meters).

*Sloman*

Poor EDF only made (Euro)2.1Billion in profit last yearSolar and a Tesla … Poor EDF only made (Euro)2.1Billion in profit last yearSolar and a Tesla battery pack is the way forward

Lol, I had a go 4 years ago. Should of installed in my new property, been on the look out for a sufficient batteries for total off grid. Now the time to do it, I think

youtu.be/esg…NHY
Edited by: "mxer450" 12th Apr

Shows how worthless loyalty is with these clowns.

And of course the government does nothing to control energy charges because they gain from extra vat raised o higher prices.

EDF get a high percentage of their output from nuclear and wind so how can they continue to blame the oil,price rise and brex it ?

Legalised theft.

And higher power charges make UK manufacturing even less competitive against our competitors.
Edited by: "hooray.henry" 12th Apr

I would highly recommend a very good energy company, but I'm not going too

Put a little thought into it then, I bet you could use a lot less if you tried!,

get Solar panels and a wind turbine in your yard if you have one! You can watch most of your TV on a phone, tablet or laptop nowadays or listen to the radio and it could all be powered by solar/wind.

Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread427414631
    2. Monzo - weighing up how to pass on foreign ATM fees1224
    3. Misco about to go into administration11
    4. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322805

See more discussions