EXPIRED

Edinburgh - an old gits guide please

Hi All

Group of 6 chaps from work planning to visit Edinburgh for the weekend at the end of January (ages range between mid 20's to mid 40's).

Accommodation is all sorted (City Centre) but looking for advice about what we should be doing.

Friday night - Eating - Fancy a good Chinese or Indian meal on the Friday. ? where

Club - Where might be good for a bunch of old farts to go & make fools of themselves intoto the wee hours?

Saturday daytime - Looking at doing something to keep out or trouble - ? Lasertag or something along those lines.

Saturday Night - Fancy a Comedy Club - seems to be a couple but which is best.

Thanks for any advice & anything else you think we should fit in then please fire in !

5 Comments

i can recommend umair indian restaurant on morrison street , in my opinion the best indian in edinburgh and reasonably priced . its located in the city centre just a 2 minute walk from haymarket train station .

Banned

the stand is a good little comedy club , its very small tho so you would need to make sure there wasnt somebody popular on , or book. theres a jongleurs ( ? ) on the end of leith walk but i havent been there , both are only ten minutes from princes street.
the parliament building and the museum of scotland are good if you want some culture. : )

Hi Tomb

I used to live in edinburgh about 3 years ago so hopefully I can help

I'm not big on chinese but my wife used to rave about Jimmy Chungs
jimmychungs.com/loc…htm
Its buffet style food and it is very reasonably priced
There was another place as well but I'll have to ask her what it was called

drinks wise you've got a couple of options:
Grassmarket is great for pubs (last drop is tiny but well worth a visit) and there used to be a couple of funky little clubs round that area too grassmarket.net/
George street is another option but be warned it isn't the cheapest part of town
edinburghgeorgestreet.co.uk/bar…tml
Living room and Opel lounge are both good places for a drink (but a bit pricey
They both do food as well so probably worth checking with them whats on entertainment wisse

There is a laser quest in Edinburgh but they don't have a website as such
56b Dalry Road, Edinburgh, EH11 2BA, 0131 346 1919

If you fancy something a bit different camera obscura is worth a wander round
camera-obscura.co.uk/
The whiskey museum also might appeal
whisky-heritage.co.uk/

thestand.co.uk/ have a good rep but i've never been myself

Any way I hope this helps

Great avatar by the way

Also I forgot to mention
If you fancy an English (meal) there are two restaurants we used to absolutely love
The Apartment (Tolcross) and The Outside (George 4th Bridge) both do excellent food - they are sister restaurants
If you read the reviews on the net the service gets a bit of a slating but I've been at least 10 times and only had one bad experience

Original Poster

Magic chaps

Many thanks for all advice.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Bed pillow recommendations22
    2. Battlefield 1943 xbox 360 servers, still running?.33
    3. Nintendo Switch Game Cases35
    4. Remortgaging to pay off debt22

See more discussions