Expired

Edinburgh anyone?

Found 8th Oct 2008
I am planning a long week-end in Edinburgh in May next year. I really look forward to it as I never been to Scotland but think is really nice and I know Scottish people are really nice too.
Can you please recommend what nice area to stay in, or nice hotel you have actually stayed in and restaurants??
Also what is the best way to get there? Any cheap airlines fly there?
Thanks

1. Ask
  2. Edinburgh
17 Comments

My wife and I stayed at The Howard when we went a couple of years ago. Amazing hotel, with our own personal butler! About 10 mins walk (up a hill!) from Harvey Nichols etc etc.
And you must eat at the Witchery, right near the castle, very gothic in there!

:)jimmy chungs chinese restaraunt (buffet style) £11 per head :)Waverley Bridge, yummmmmmmmmmmm

Original Poster

thanks lasses

Edinboro is a lovely place. We spent the weekend there last year. You gotta visit the Zoo :oops:

I love Edinburgh, you will have a great time! Try this web site for some places to go etc. They will also help with accomodation too, if you need it...

visitscotland.com/

Have a lovely time

karen21101;3150709

:)jimmy chungs chinese restaraunt (buffet style) £11 per head :)Waverley … :)jimmy chungs chinese restaraunt (buffet style) £11 per head :)Waverley Bridge, yummmmmmmmmmmm

:thumbsup:

Banned

Best place to stay??

GLASGOW!

dimebars;3153583

Best place to stay??GLASGOW!

Glasgow scotlands equivelent to beiruit!!!!

Banned

Beirut would still be nicer than Edinburgh.

Edinburgh is made up of the following folk

English
Aussies
South Africans
Americans
Junkies
Prostitutes
Hobos

there are no Scottish people in Edinburgh!

Banned

The Holiday Inn next to the zoo is fantastic hotel, top class. The zoo is great fun too if you have kids.

But what makes it worth staying in the Holiday Inn is the 'sanpan cantonese restaurant' it is the best ever.

Also there is a pub on a hill just off from the junction where the express holiday inn is but cant for the life of me remember the name

Banned

Foosball Chum;3156010

The Holiday Inn next to the zoo is fantastic hotel, top class. The zoo … The Holiday Inn next to the zoo is fantastic hotel, top class. The zoo is great fun too if you have kids.But what makes it worth staying in the Holiday Inn is the 'sanpan cantonese restaurant' it is the best ever.Also there is a pub on a hill just off from the junction where the express holiday inn is but cant for the life of me remember the name

The whole place is a zoo

Banned

dimebars;3156093

The whole place is a zoo

Yeah thats why its called 'Edinburgh Zoo' :roll:

dimebars;3155987

Beirut would still be nicer than Edinburgh.Edinburgh is made up of the … Beirut would still be nicer than Edinburgh.Edinburgh is made up of the following folkEnglishAussiesSouth AfricansAmericansJunkiesProstitutesHobosthere are no Scottish people in Edinburgh!

no need to guess your from glasgow then.

did you think that up all by yourself........

See, when you visit the capital of a country, thats what you expect...lots of tourists, some drug problems, a red light district.......you ever been to london ????

if you want to come to edinburgh, then GREAT....you'll love it...but if you want to go and see SCOTLAND......you need to look a hundred miles north.....hire a campervan and drive the road to the isles...visit the salmon ladders of pitlochory...go to skye......visit glencoe.....THATS scotland as a scotsman see's it.

Banned

k13 wjd;3156202

no need to guess your from glasgow then.did you think that up all by … no need to guess your from glasgow then.did you think that up all by yourself........See, when you visit the capital of a country, thats what you expect...lots of tourists, some drug problems, a red light district.......you ever been to london ????if you want to come to edinburgh, then GREAT....you'll love it...but if you want to go and see SCOTLAND......you need to look a hundred miles north.....hire a campervan and drive the road to the isles...visit the salmon ladders of pitlochory...go to skye......visit glencoe.....THATS scotland as a scotsman see's it.

Precisely my point - if you want to see Scotland avoid Edinburgh.

dimebars;3155987

Beirut would still be nicer than Edinburgh.Edinburgh is made up of the … Beirut would still be nicer than Edinburgh.Edinburgh is made up of the following folkEnglishAussiesSouth AfricansAmericansJunkiesProstitutesHobosthere are no Scottish people in Edinburgh!

and polaks and there is loads of scottish people in edinburgh

here here - and I'm a west coaster
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Holiday discount centre is a scam34
    2. Camera33
    3. Can I giveaway film digital codes on here?22
    4. Anyone know if amazon will be having any prime membership discounts in the …77

See more discussions