Found 3rd May 2011
I'm looking for a cheap hotel in Edinburgh for 4 adults for 2 nights from June 17th but i can't find anywhere under 200.00, does anyone have an idea where to look for cheaper tickets? i've tried lastminute, doesn't have to be a top quality hotel we're only using it as a base.

Thanks

Eca

14 Comments

tried travelodge?

Original Poster

Yeah, works out around 330 for 2 rooms for 2 nights

if u have a car then it might be worthwhile looking at hotels around bathgate and livingston, much cheaper. Try Ramada Jarvis in Livingston and MacDonald Hotel near Bathgate

Both towns are right next to motorway and around a 10 min drive into Edinburgh City centre.
Edited by: "StevenA2000_uk" 3rd May 2011

Banned

Go with priceline the day you travel and put in a nice low amount

Some Premier Inn just over £200

Click Here

What are you going to Edinburgh for? Are you going by train or car?

Edinburgh Central TL comes back @ £65 per night, per room on the Friday if that helps, otherwise is £90 on the Saturday Evening?

Could you not stop outside of the city, and commute by train/car?

£116 premier inn but it's 13 miles away

Original Poster

Thanks for the help so far, that premier inn is a little too far away to get back to drunk,

We're driving in on the Friday, driving back on Sunday evening

eca07mc

Yeah, works out around 330 for 2 rooms for 2 nights

Go through this link and get rooms for a total of £98.50 per couple at Cameron Toll Edinburgh

Edited by: "cannyscot" 3rd May 2011

OP - you need to book as separate days otherwise it bumps up the price

Disco

OP - you need to book as separate days otherwise it bumps up the price

Disco i hope you didnt book up your hotels early for Sunderland Europa exploits next season ;-)

aye yea, like I need a passport to cross the border lol

Try laterooms, sort by price.

Also visitscotland is good for B&Bs.

Disco

What are you going to Edinburgh for? Are you going by train or … What are you going to Edinburgh for? Are you going by train or car?Edinburgh Central TL comes back @ £65 per night, per room on the Friday if that helps, otherwise is £90 on the Saturday Evening?Could you not stop outside of the city, and commute by train/car?

Agree with this. Edinburgh Central is at the bottom of the royal mile, prime tourist spot. It's a bit of a dump but if you are only using it as a base it doesn't matter.
There are about 6 park and ride sites that you might be able to leave your car.
Edited by: "sweetas2009" 3rd May 2011
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland1742
    2. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…2552
    3. So Flubit is still terrible. What happened?!1112
    4. Any PS4 News Here29313889

See more discussions