Groups
    EXPIRED

Edit-Now want a breville brita spectrum kettle that illuminates in a spectrum of colour-s.ooo

A friend had one of there.They are plastic usually and glow pink or bue when on,or on standby maybe.does anyone know any makes or any deals thankx.
    Edit-now decided it was the breville spectrum

10 Comments

I have a kettle that glows blue when it's boiling that I got from Tesco for about £10 (standard price). A kettle that glows when also on standby sounds a waste of electricity to me though...

Breville Lightning have got loads that do this, in plastic or stainless steel.

StudentJo;7711794

Breville Lightning have got loads that do this, in plastic or stainless … Breville Lightning have got loads that do this, in plastic or stainless steel.

second that :whistling:

Original Poster

I think they are called illuminating kettles.I would like one that was one colour when cold,another colour when hot.Also must have a good review.Wheres the best place to look for reviws on them,on Amazon,several of the breville and russell hobbs ones seem to get bad reviews..Wondering if its worthwhile buying from Argos and getting an extra warranty (I would never normally buy these)

sqweech;7711907

I think they are called illuminating kettles.I would like one that was … I think they are called illuminating kettles.I would like one that was one colour when cold,another colour when hot.Also must have a good review.Wheres the best place to look for reviws on them,on Amazon,several of the breville and russell hobbs ones seem to get bad reviews..Wondering if its worthwhile buying from Argos and getting an extra warranty (I would never normally buy these)

I used to work at Comet and whereas the extended warranties were generally a rip-off, we used to do an instant replacement guarantee for things like kettles. We used to replace the item as many times as it needed it over 3 years and we never used to check the item, people would just bring stuff back and we'd swap it. Might be worth a look.

yep got one meself bout a month ago - lights up in blue when switched on - good kettle !

Original Poster

Several reviews,all different makes seem to mention them failing after a year,and of the fast boling ones catching fire,and most seem to be fast boiling I think!! Some of the Tesco ones have been recalled.

Even with a guaranttee that is worrying.Some others also have no boil dry protection which you would have thought was standard?

I think I will be off to the library tommorrow to look at the Which reports.
    Stamps foot childishly! I really wanted one of these!! They are sooo pretty!!

ive had a breville 1 for over 2 years blue on standbye red when boiling never had an issue only cost about £15

Original Poster

ok-guys thanks.Going for the breville brita spectrum from argos 49.99 (got free brita filters with it)and the 3 year warranty at £10.99,as I need to be able to leave a light on in my kitchen and this does the trick.But I will enquire with Comet first

Original Poster

ps edit-took this back-it broke and was annoying and tacky!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Turning off Best Offer on Ebay Buy It Now listings.23
      2. 2 for 1 at Alton Towers this weekend?56
      3. Back to European satellite tv21
      4. DPD international?11

See more discussions