Found 10th Apr 2010
does anyone know any good childrens software for the computer please? To suit a 9 year old girl, ideally to teach computer skills, maths, spelling, and maybe geography / history.
I'm not really looking for online things at the moment, would rather she got the hang of it offline first.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
7 Comments

i used to find zoombinis fun =)

The "PC Play & Learn" series is good. Might be a bit too young for your LO though.

Microsoft encarta is pretty good imo

You would probably be best going through Amazon and reading reviews, OP.
I would rather have some software too because I dont like letting my 2 lose on the web, but I havent founf any software I would particularly recommmend.

My 2 quite liked SpongeBob Squarepants typing tutor, which as the name suggests, teaches typing skills - worth buying if you can get it cheap enough ( or download :whistling:)

jtx;8335534

Microsoft encarta is pretty good imo

The Eyewitness one has better reviews, costs £7odd at ]amazon

States Windows 95/98, anyone know if it would work on Vista?

Have A Look At The Bectra Deals... Free Laptop..free Software. Home Access

nessyfingers.co.uk/mor…tml

my son is following this...and he has taken to it so well but im not sure if your daughter is too old? edit i just looked its age 8 up

doesnt her school website have learning aids? i know you said you dont want the net but i just save all the sites he can go on into his faves and he clicks on them?
bbc.co.uk/sch…ts/

like this..

Original Poster

NahThenLad;8335778

Have A Look At The Bectra Deals... Free Laptop..free Software. Home Access

My daughters eligible for this but I got her a better spec laptop from a different site and saved £20, which is why I'm looking to get her some software

Thanks everyone for the tips, will have a look. I managed to get a mental maths game from a car boot for 5p today too :-D
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!564063
    2. In-store receipt cashback - Shopitize, TopCashBack's 'Groceries', Quidco's …25113
    3. UBER can be a waste of money1222
    4. Leicester sack their manager!710

See more discussions