EE - 0800/0808/116 numbers free from 1st July 2015

Found 18th May 2015
Great to see that EE are finally following the likes of three...

Good news. From 1 July, calls to 0800, 0808 and 116 numbers will be FREE to call from your mobile. We're also changing how we charge for certain Service numbers (084, 087, 09 and 118). The charge will be split into an EE access charge of 44p per min and a service charge which will be set by the company you're calling. From 1 July you can buy an Add-on which will give you cheaper calls to 084 and 087 numbers for 1p per min. For more info on all these changes visit ee.co.uk/ukc…ing Terms apply.

Every network provider will be doing this as of July 1st
- KingAzzA
Community Updates
9 Comments
Every network provider will be doing this as of July 1st. Its something they've been forced to do by Ofcom
I've already got free 0800 numbers with EE.
No doubt you have noticed all the numbers that have enormous increases to pay for these 08 numbers.
Three didn't automatically apply this to all their tarriffs. I made an 0800 call thinking it was free and it wasnt. Rang them up and they wanted more money from me to up my contract price if I wanted free 0800 calls. I hung up
jco83

Three didn't automatically apply this to all their tarriffs. I made an … Three didn't automatically apply this to all their tarriffs. I made an 0800 call thinking it was free and it wasnt. Rang them up and they wanted more money from me to up my contract price if I wanted free 0800 calls. I hung up

It's not free at the moment - which is exactly why they are not applying it to their current tarrifs.
It's free from 1st July.
i was offered this 2 months ago when i took out a contract
Firefly1

It's not free at the moment - which is exactly why they are not applying … It's not free at the moment - which is exactly why they are not applying it to their current tarrifs.It's free from 1st July.

I know. Three advertised it as though all their customers would get it when they started offering it. That's how it came across to me. But it was new customers only
just for an heads up but for an extra 2-3 quid you can get the 08 premium numbers included for the month, which is what ive got....
robz_3000

Great to see that EE are finally following the likes of … Great to see that EE are finally following the likes of three...Good news. From 1 July, calls to 0800, 0808 and 116 numbers will be FREE to call from your mobile. We're also changing how we charge for certain Service numbers (084, 087, 09 and 118). The charge will be split into an EE access charge of 44p per min and a service charge which will be set by the company you're calling. From 1 July you can buy an Add-on which will give you cheaper calls to 084 and 087 numbers for 1p per min. For more info on all these changes visit http://ee.co.uk/ukcalling Terms apply.

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants