EE - BT Sport - Large screen Casting - extra cost

Posted 19th Feb
I'm upgrading my contract and use BT Sport as an add on.

I just spoke to EE chap and said could he throw in the additional cost of putting it on a larger screen - it was only £5 a month.

He said he couldn't but then said something odd - 'I can't change the price but I'm sure you can use the internet, theres ways of working around BT Casting option.'

Now, I don't cast my mobile screen, I have the BT Sport App on my Apple TV - which I thought was the same thing - but now I'm unclear if I even need additional cost - as I am not actually 'casting' I am running the tv app separately altogether.

And what was he getting at when he said you could 'get around' the casting thing - rooting or something else?

Has anyone else got BT Sport via EE - is it work the extra cost, is it even necessary?
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

12 Comments
Yes the app on your TV is different, that's basically a different subscription. I was charged a tenner a month for the big screen option, kept it for only a couple of days then cancelled it. I was really disappointed with the picture quality. I think casting is your only option to get it on the big screen.
Edited by: "STRICKIBHOY" 19th Feb
STRICKIBHOY19/02/2020 21:31

Yes the app on your TV is different, that's a different subscription. I …Yes the app on your TV is different, that's a different subscription. I was charged a tenner a month for the big screen option, kept it for only a couple of days then cancelled it. I was really disappointed with the picture quality. I think casting is your only option to get it on the big screen.

So will casting from my phone still will cost me £10 a month?
jasonwood99919/02/2020 21:32

So will casting from my phone still will cost me £10 a month?

No, not a penny.
I think he was implying there’s a free 3rd party app you can use to cast the channels. Didn’t say which because all calls are recorded. & before you ask, I don’t know which but google is your friend.
STRICKIBHOY19/02/2020 21:33

No, not a penny.

Right, so if I just cast BT Sport from my phone - that is free, but the Apple TV App (which actually isn't as good) is what I'm paying the additional fee for - I get it now - thanks.
Zero.Chill19/02/2020 21:41

I think he was implying there’s a free 3rd party app you can use to cast t …I think he was implying there’s a free 3rd party app you can use to cast the channels. Didn’t say which because all calls are recorded. & before you ask, I don’t know which but google is your friend.

Yes, I assumed he was implying that - I was asking does anyone know which app he was referring to.

But Strickibhoy was saying that 'casting' costs no additional fee - therefore, I'm confused as to why he was trying to suggest 'getting around it'.
Edited by: "jasonwood999" 19th Feb
Get android box , Pc or laptop connected to tv . Job done without casting .
saeed281020/02/2020 03:09

Great - can you recommend any particular android boxes?
I have 3 months free with EE. I used the BT Sport App on my Samsung 43 TV in the bedroom for a perfect feed.

Tonight I was going to try the PS4 / Xbox One App and hook it up to my new 75 Hisense / 65 OLED and see how they do.
saeed281020/02/2020 03:09

They won't work unless they have a sim card as the app detects whether you have a sim card in your device and doesn'tt work if you don't !
Hammondhammond20/02/2020 09:36

They won't work unless they have a sim card as the app detects whether you …They won't work unless they have a sim card as the app detects whether you have a sim card in your device and doesn'tt work if you don't !

Well, that's not entirely true either. I have a Telly Tablet - made by Virgin Media - it's a massive 14 inch thing, not portable in the slightest - but I got it for my camper van instead of a tv.

Anyways, I have installed BT Sport on it and log in my details and over my household wifi, there is no sim in it and my wifi is off 3 network not EE, I can watch exactly the same things I can on my mobile - for example WWE shows are available right away 'on demand' - but the Apple TV app has a delay on it - some of the WWE stuff is like 4 days after its happened.

That suggests that the app doesn't detect a sim in all cases.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants