EE Changing Terms and Conditions on Max Plans International Roaming? Break Contract?

Found 12th Oct 2017
EE have sent me a text saying that they are now going to charge £6 per day for select non-EU international roaming that was free previously with EE Max Plans - this was a key buying decision for me moving to EE. They are citing "VAT Decisions" as the reason, although it appears that the £6 isn't 100% VAT

I've decided to reject the change in terms and requested a PAC code mid contract. Will let you know how it goes.

Thoughts on this guys?

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
6 Comments

What thoughts on this are you after??

which eu countries OP? i am hoping it is not spain as i am planning to go to spain next year, although by that time, we may have been kicked out of the EU already so EU roaming will be a thing of the past anyway.

From MSE;
'The addition of VAT for roaming in non-EU destinations is due to a decision and announcement by the Chancellor of the Exchequer.'
It's therefore not a 'get out' as the change is not under the control of any of the networks and is listed in the T&C's from them all as an exclusion.

Wish it was a get out

mutley17 h, 25 m ago

which eu countries OP? i am hoping it is not spain as i am planning to go …which eu countries OP? i am hoping it is not spain as i am planning to go to spain next year, although by that time, we may have been kicked out of the EU already so EU roaming will be a thing of the past anyway.

Read the opening post fully...

Original Poster

I used resolver to write to EE and object. they have indicated it is a mistake and that as I am on a max plan, the VAT on free is, well, free. They have written to me to tell me it's still free.

If it had of gone from £0 to £6 because of "VAT" I think it would have been a get out.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants