Groups

EE contract upgrade

Just went into EE store in Liverpool to see how much it was to buy out of a contract for iPhone 6S 16GB. After initially being told it would be £400, we were told about a new deal, where we could upgrade to a iPhone 7 32GB for free on the 4GEE max contract. So for £12 a month more got a new iPhone with double memory and contract with 25GB data and unlimited calls/texts. A friend just went in and after a bit of asking managed to get the same deal but for a 128GB iPhone 7 instead so they've suggested it's account specific. Thought it was worth sharing

19 Comments

Saw you coming.

Haha so you went into the shop to get rid of a contract and left with another more expensive, longer contract.

One born every minute and every village has one.

It's not a free upgrade if you end up paying £288 more across 24 months!

Banned

Classic.

Now just wait for EE to put up the contract mid term and cancel with in 30 days worked for me before.

lol their best type of customer

Original Poster

There was a year left on the contract so it was going to be £400/£450 just to buy out of it and take out a new contract. So not having to pay that, and getting a free 128GB iPhone 7 that you can also upgrade for free after a year (so effectively it's the same contract length) for just paying an extra £12 a month on what you would have already been paying, I can't complain at that
    Edited by: "ramadan_16" 28th Jan

£65.99 a month for an iPhone, seriously?

This is why Apple are doing so well.
    Edited by: "rikkif1990" 28th Jan

ramadan_16

There was a year left on the contract so it was going to be £400/£450 j … There was a year left on the contract so it was going to be £400/£450 just to buy out of it and take out a new contract. So not having to pay that, and getting a free 128GB iPhone 7 that you can also upgrade for free after a year (so effectively it's the same contract length) for just paying an extra £12 a month on what you would have already been paying, I can't complain at that

Except you didn't get a 128GB iPhone 7 you got a 32GB iPhone 7 for an extra £12 a month

Haha!! What a mug

Salesman's wet dream

larrylightweight

Now just wait for EE to put up the contract mid term and cancel with in … Now just wait for EE to put up the contract mid term and cancel with in 30 days worked for me before.

You did well there as it's written into the contract that they can put the cost up in line with RPI. Maybe they were just feeling nice!

Not sure what's so bad about this - if he gets EE to unlock the original phone and sells it for £288 then he's effectively paying the same amount for more data and an iPhone 7, with the only caveat being that he's added an extra year to his original contract - but that's still not bad given the relative value of the new handset. I'd be tempted to do this myself but I doubt I'd be able to as I have friends and family discount on my line.

rikkif1990

£65.99 a month for an iPhone, seriously?This is why Apple are doing so … £65.99 a month for an iPhone, seriously?This is why Apple are doing so well.

Not really anything to do with Apple - their Pixel deals are as much as this, if not more, and no doubt their S8 deals will be too. This particular plan is not cheap, regardless of the handset.

misterleoni

Not sure what's so bad about this - if he gets EE to unlock the original … Not sure what's so bad about this - if he gets EE to unlock the original phone and sells it for £288 then he's effectively paying the same amount for more data and an iPhone 7, with the only caveat being that he's added an extra year to his original contract - but that's still not bad given the relative value of the new handset. I'd be tempted to do this myself but I doubt I'd be able to as I have friends and family discount on my line.

​How do you know he still has the original phone? I bet he had to give it in to get the upfront cost wiped off.

SweeneyUK

​How do you know he still has the original phone? I bet he had to give i … ​How do you know he still has the original phone? I bet he had to give it in to get the upfront cost wiped off.

Could be. But if he didn't it's not a bad deal. If he's already sold the previous phone then he's still had the money for it.

Original Poster

Lol so many haters

Banned

ramadan_16

Lol so many haters

How much will you get for selling your iPhone 6?

misterleoni

You did well there as it's written into the contract that they can put … You did well there as it's written into the contract that they can put the cost up in line with RPI. Maybe they were just feeling nice!

Not really done it twice before with EE they do have it written in to contract but when they do up the price you normally get a letter saying we are increasing the contract then in the small print it's says you have 30 days to be released from the contract penalty free. Correct me if I'm wrong but these rules were set by ofcom a few years back.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?33193
      2. PlayStation Hacked Again?22
      3. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News44
      4. Now TV CODES - Free Sky Entertainment/Kids/Cinema/Sports1020

See more discussions