Groups

EE customers to be hit with price hikes in the New Year (Calls and Line Rental)

Editor
    It was suspected this would happen after BT ownership, but so soon?

[img]i.imgur.com/44L…jpg?1[/img]

Millions of EE home phone and broadband customers are to face price rises in the New Year for both line rental and calls made outside their bundle plans, just three months after the network hiked charges for mobile customers.

The increases - which will take effect from January 23 2017, will see line rental rise by an average of £1.50 a month - or £18 a year - while out of bundle phone connection charges for calls to UK landlines and mobiles will shoot up 3p, to 20p.

A spokesperson for EE said: “We are contacting our Home Broadband customers to inform them of some changes we are making to the cost of line rental and calls made outside of their allowances from 23rd January 2017.

“We are committed to offering our customers the best value and service, including bringing all EE customer service calls back to the UK and Ireland by the end of 2016."

In line with Ofcom regulations, if a monthly tariff increases without warning, all affected customers have the right to cancel their contract penalty-free.

To cancel, customers will have to contact EE customer relations directly within 30 days of receiving notification of the price hike. You'll need your account number and billing information to hand to verify your account.

20 Comments

Banned

I do not know who runs that company but they are totally nuts.

Worst management ever. God knows why anyone renews their contracts.

Because BT, Vodafone etc have NEVER pulled similar...

I had worse with BT in 18 month contract & they decided that BT sport was no longer free & they wanted £5 a month. Now that to me is a SUBSTANTIAL change so I left & BT spent 3 years arguing the toss trying to extort £300 from me passing the "debt" to numerous debt collectors etc. That's far worse than just putting prices up a bit.

BT own EE.

noodle999

BT own EE.

Yep and they will probably ruin that company as well.

Rich44

Because BT, Vodafone etc have NEVER pulled similar... I had worse with BT … Because BT, Vodafone etc have NEVER pulled similar... I had worse with BT in 18 month contract & they decided that BT sport was no longer free & they wanted £5 a month. Now that to me is a SUBSTANTIAL change so I left & BT spent 3 years arguing the toss trying to extort £300 from me passing the "debt" to numerous debt collectors etc. That's far worse than just putting prices up a bit.

​What happened in the end? Debt collectors sound scary.

The regulators should smashed BT to oieces years ago, but once again they proved toothless in the face of big business.

ScoobyStoo

The regulators should smashed BT to oieces years ago, but once again they … The regulators should smashed BT to oieces years ago, but once again they proved toothless in the face of big business.

Might wanna get supporting and spreading the word about this

maketheairfair.org

^Trying to block BT via EE having more than 30% mobile spectrum

"“We are committed to offering our customers the best value and service, including bringing all EE customer service calls back to the UK and Ireland by the end of 2016.""

In regards to this, why would people in England, Scotland or Wales care about jobs in Ireland? EE say it as if it's an accomplishment of theirs.

No doubt they will be blaming the increase on the weak pound against the euro and the dollar and having to import people from Europe to go and work for them. I don't know whether the reason to leave the EU was the right one or not but some people somewhere are making a shed load of money from the outcome of that decision and one way or another we are all suffering by it financially. I am not with EE or BT but if I was I would soon be leaving.

AlanS181824

"“We are committed to offering our customers the best value and service, i … "“We are committed to offering our customers the best value and service, including bringing all EE customer service calls back to the UK and Ireland by the end of 2016.""In regards to this, why would people in England, Scotland or Wales care about jobs in Ireland? EE say it as if it's an accomplishment of theirs.

Not got long left...I doubt I will never speak to another offshore person, no doubt that means EE customers, Orange & T-Mobile will still get offshore as technically they will say it's not EE lol

Pretty sure most new contracts now have this wrote into them so you can't cancel. Or am I mistaken?
    I.e what's stopping you going out now and getting a contract with an iPhone 7 and then cancelling when the contract goes up? (In a months time)

Sorry my bad this is for land line and calls (non contract)

seaniboy

Might wanna get supporting and spreading the word about this … Might wanna get supporting and spreading the word about this https://maketheairfair.org^Trying to block BT via EE having more than 30% mobile spectrum

Thanks. Have done it.

BT, Plusnet nad EE came top of a recent industry survey. Unfortunately it was based on Service and these were the worst three companies. Anyone seeing a pattern here or should I say Patterson? (BT Group CEO)

https://static.independent.co.uk/s3fs-public/thumbnails/image/2015/05/07/21/Gavin-Patterson.jpg
    Edited by: "getmeone" 21st Dec 2016

bo9dster007

Pretty sure most new contracts now have this wrote into them so you can't … Pretty sure most new contracts now have this wrote into them so you can't cancel. Or am I mistaken? I.e what's stopping you going out now and getting a contract with an iPhone 7 and then cancelling when the contract goes up? (In a months time)

That was my thought too. Since that legislation is pretty old now about being able to terminate early unless it is written into the contract, i imagine everyone is knackered with it.
    They diddnt go about it the right way IMO- OFCOM should have enforced companies not to be able to increase prices after a contract is agreed for the duration of the contract, therefore preventing them from writing future increases into the contract.

Another way of protecting the business and not the customer!

So surely most customers won't be able to cancel! So I got my phone in April 2016 I think, and I cancelled and gave them 30 days notice, I would then send the phone back and get no penalty. And then start say a new contract with say 3? Sorry for my lack of knowledge as I dont really know much about contracts!

Donzy12

So surely most customers won't be able to cancel! So I got my phone in … So surely most customers won't be able to cancel! So I got my phone in April 2016 I think, and I cancelled and gave them 30 days notice, I would then send the phone back and get no penalty. And then start say a new contract with say 3? Sorry for my lack of knowledge as I dont really know much about contracts!

You would get chased for the money under the terms and conditions of the contract you signed, which agreed occasional price increases (it's next to your signature if you have a look).

Just to clarify, this is for HOME phone/broadband contracts, not mobile contracts. Although I expect a mobile cost increase soon as well. It happens every year (quite often more than once) with every network so I don't know why we're all so shocked and appalled by it.

bo9dster007

Pretty sure most new contracts now have this wrote into them so you can't … Pretty sure most new contracts now have this wrote into them so you can't cancel. Or am I mistaken? I.e what's stopping you going out now and getting a contract with an iPhone 7 and then cancelling when the contract goes up? (In a months time)

Companies are allowed to increase once a year based on the yearly percentage figure forgotten exactly what it is but this new increase is an unplanned so therefore can void contracts

This is a poorly written post.

To clarify. Mobile companies can increase price up to rpi and there is nothing you can do about it. Home phone/broadband customers can cancel penalty free and get a good deal from another provider
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ** Motorola Moto X Force | Owners Club **32204
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …84142
      3. Follow the Three Word Game!!!44624043
      4. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1111

See more discussions