Posted 6th Jan 2022
Hi guys,
Just some advice really.
I’m interested in upgrading from my IPhone SE 2020 to a Pixel 6.
I see my upgrade options on the app but EE offer “good as new” phones. Looking at the website they have lots of waffle about how great they are ect but has anyone here upgraded or outright purchased a “good as new” phone from EE. I can save £5 a month for the good as new phone.

Just looking for advice before taking the plunge.
Thanks again guys lee
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment
7 Comments
  1. Avatar
    EE usually offer warranty for the duration of the contract. Is it the same for refurbs? Might be worth it if it's worth the savings for you
  2. Avatar
    I bought a Good As New about 2 years ago from EE as part of a contract and the phone was brand new.

I guess these are phones that may have had the box opened but never used.

I would say go for it.
  3. Avatar
    Author
    guilbert5306/01/2022 14:40

I bought a Good As New about 2 years ago from EE as part of a contract and …I bought a Good As New about 2 years ago from EE as part of a contract and the phone was brand new.I guess these are phones that may have had the box opened but never used.I would say go for it.

Thanks. It says on the website they are phones returned during the 14 day cooling off period. I’m going to take the plunge. Thanks again.

emmpii806/01/2022 14:38

EE usually offer warranty for the duration of the contract. Is it the same …EE usually offer warranty for the duration of the contract. Is it the same for refurbs? Might be worth it if it's worth the savings for you

Yes it states you get the same warranty with the good as new.
    Thanks
    Edited by: "nintendofan10" 6th Jan
  4. Avatar
    This is good to know because I am nearing the end of my contract and the app says I can upgrade. Although I am unsure if it is worthwhile taking out a phone contract or continuing with a sim only contract. I had a really quick look the other day and saw a number of 'good as new' phones listed. I need to look more into it. Depending what is available and costs involved. Maybe I'll stick with my current phone for another few months and eventually buy a phone only deal from a deal listed on here.
  5. Avatar
    thetarget06/01/2022 16:49

This is good to know because I am nearing the end of my contract and the …This is good to know because I am nearing the end of my contract and the app says I can upgrade. Although I am unsure if it is worthwhile taking out a phone contract or continuing with a sim only contract. I had a really quick look the other day and saw a number of 'good as new' phones listed. I need to look more into it. Depending what is available and costs involved. Maybe I'll stick with my current phone for another few months and eventually buy a phone only deal from a deal listed on here.

I had a fight on my hands with EE as i purchased a good as new handset but i also had a loyalty discount on my account which they said i couldn’t use agaised the handset. They gave in in the end.

ive just upgraded brand new iphone13 pro blue 256gb, unlimited everything no upront cost. £51 a month.
    Edited by: "bargainhunter139" 20 h, 3 m ago
  6. Avatar
    Author
    Just a update.
    Received the phone about 10 minutes ago.
    Opened the parcel and to my horror the phone box has coffee/tea stains all over it!
    Opened the box with a note saying the phone is good as new ect but the box my not be prestige lol.

Opened the phone and it is a new. Charging now, I was expecting it to be fully charged from the previous owner but no it’s only 34%.
    All and all very happy to be saving £5 a month.
  7. Avatar
    nintendofan1007/01/2022 13:51

Just a update.

It seems you have done well and can get it fully updated after charging it up. Then fully test it out over the next few days to test functionality and see how well it is holding charge through some usage and recharge cycles. A very good saving and worth it for a dirty box! I'd wipe the phone over with an antibacterial wipe or something similar to (remove any germs) which won't cause any damage. EE should really have done this too. Maybe someone working for EE does.

Enjoy using your new device.
Post a comment
Top Merchants