EE network text scam I just got

Posted 14th Oct
Just got this message

EE:We were unable to process your latest bill. In order to avoid fees, update your billing information via: https://ee-update.ee=2

I’ve removed some
If the link so it’s not clicked

Rang EE and there getting loads of calls about this , it’s a scam to take your bank details do not click the link and block the number
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

10 Comments
Thanks for posting. Some people are still caught out with these scams.
I thought at first it was legit as I’ve just moved house and was about to ring EE about updating my payment address , so rang them instead
I had a phone call today (I'm on ee) from a random number I rang it back was on the phone 3 seconds- charged £3.

Why are Ee just letting people get scammed?
Also got this:

Your services may be restricted due to recent billing issues, we need to update your details. Please proceed by following the link: ee.centre-gb.net
spyro12314/10/2019 19:37

I had a phone call today (I'm on ee) from a random number I rang it back …I had a phone call today (I'm on ee) from a random number I rang it back was on the phone 3 seconds- charged £3. Why are Ee just letting people get scammed?

🙀 🦌 .
philedsch14/10/2019 19:30

Thanks for posting. Some people are still caught out with these scams.

And whose fault is it that they're getting snared ?
AW007914/10/2019 20:35

And whose fault is it that they're getting snared ?

Probably someone at Ee selling details.
I got a couple of those texts and I'm not even with EE
They have history when it comes to employees selling customer data. A few years ago I received a phone call to discuss an upgrade (it was indeed upgrade time) they knew my name, address, numbers, handset and the end date of my contract. I assumed I was talking to EE when it was in fact 3 masquerading as EE - it was only after they mentioned PAC codes for moving my number, something I had never had to do with an EE upgrade I twigged on and asked who I was speaking too. Turns out 3 bought a CD filled with info on EE customers nearing the ends of their contract.
tregs14/10/2019 21:15

I got a couple of those texts and I'm not even with EE

I got a couple and I haven't even got a phone
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants