EE new contract before ending old one

Posted 8th Jan
I'm with EE and I nearing the end of my contract (start of next month). Upgrade prices with EE are silly but I'd like to stay with them.

I've read about using a PAC code to switch a number to another network then switching back. Can I do something similar before ending the old one?

I've seen a pretty good deal for a new EE contract. Can I take out a new contract and have two numbers, switch the old number to a different network, then switch it to the new one? Or do I need to wait til my contract ends and do the switching then?

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

17 Comments
Have you tried ringing EE and explaining this I'm sure hey would give you a better price or match the new customer deal.
I also pay more but EE have the best customer service so it's worth it.
You can request and use a PAC at any time, although use of PAC prior to minimum term means the remainder of the contract cost becomes immediately due, less VAT. If the new deal is excellent it may be worthwhile to port before the contract's natural end date and pay the early termination fee. Could optionally fun two contracts simultaneously, but you would be paying VAT on the original contract that you would not pay if ported prior to contract end.
you don't have to go with the upgrade options. if you see a new contract advertised with EE, then just call them and ask that they move you to the new contract. they will move your number to the new contract for you. i have done this a few times and never had a problem.
I was told yesterday that I couldn't take my number to a phone bought from fonehose an ee network, I am currently on ee end of contract 1 month they wouldn't match any deal for a note 9 and gave me a ridiculous price of 550 down payment not a happy bunny
jenny.shepherd-robins09/01/2020 00:57

I was told yesterday that I couldn't take my number to a phone bought from …I was told yesterday that I couldn't take my number to a phone bought from fonehose an ee network, I am currently on ee end of contract 1 month they wouldn't match any deal for a note 9 and gave me a ridiculous price of 550 down payment not a happy bunny

Ring back and say you want an iPhone 11 pro max, they might take you more serious.
I'm in the same boat as you, my contract expires next moth. I Don't like the upgrade options available with EE so I am going to switch to SMARTY (They use the 3 network). £10 / Month Unlimited Mins & Texts + 30gb data with 1 month contract

That is HALF of what I am paying with EE with 10gb MORE data!

as this is only a 1 month for £10 contract then If I don't like the service I can switch network again with no fees!

You can request the PAC code and give it a week to see if the contact you. They know you won't have used it and may call to try and keep you.

The last 2 contracts I've got with EE have been price matches. I wanted them to match a deal I'd seen by Virgin mobile which they pretty much did. And then this time I'd seen some great sim only deals on mobiles.co.uk and told them I was changing to virgin for unlimited data. They couldn't offer me unlimited but did give me 100gb which is more than enough so I stayed.
Loudmouthsnook09/01/2020 08:12

I'm in the same boat as you, my contract expires next moth. I Don't like …I'm in the same boat as you, my contract expires next moth. I Don't like the upgrade options available with EE so I am going to switch to SMARTY (They use the 3 network). £10 / Month Unlimited Mins & Texts + 30gb data with 1 month contractThat is HALF of what I am paying with EE with 10gb MORE data!as this is only a 1 month for £10 contract then If I don't like the service I can switch network again with no fees!

Try mobiles.co.uk and see what offers are on. Some great cash back options. Some of them will be cash back on request on certain months. I'd personally search the automatic cashback options.

And bare in mind 3 is a bit crap. They have offered better deals for quite a while now but they offer worse coverage.
jenny.shepherd-robins09/01/2020 00:57

I was told yesterday that I couldn't take my number to a phone bought from …I was told yesterday that I couldn't take my number to a phone bought from fonehose an ee network, I am currently on ee end of contract 1 month they wouldn't match any deal for a note 9 and gave me a ridiculous price of 550 down payment not a happy bunny

if you take out an EE contract with a third party and not directly with EE, they don't have the ability to move your number across. i don't think the transfer system allows them to do it, even if they want to. if you want to keep your EE number, you have to take out an EE contract directly with EE or you have to port the number to another network then back.
In the past I ported on Tuesday and back again wednesdey.
I went to Thrre and rang to complain that I cant get signal, They did not like it but tough.
Now it easy just txt for your pack code.

ofcom.org.uk/abo…ing
spyro12309/01/2020 00:02

Have you tried ringing EE and explaining this I'm sure hey would give you …Have you tried ringing EE and explaining this I'm sure hey would give you a better price or match the new customer deal.I also pay more but EE have the best customer service so it's worth it.

Haha, don't be silly. Why would I want to speak to someone
mutley109/01/2020 11:16

if you take out an EE contract with a third party and not directly with …if you take out an EE contract with a third party and not directly with EE, they don't have the ability to move your number across. i don't think the transfer system allows them to do it, even if they want to. if you want to keep your EE number, you have to take out an EE contract directly with EE or you have to port the number to another network then back.

I've done before while out of contact. Think it was with affordable mobiles. I believe I was going to take out a new contract cancel the other, not worrying about switching numbers. But affordable rang saying they noticed my old number, and if I wanted to "upgrade" instead.
ChrisHigs09/01/2020 12:51

Haha, don't be silly. Why would I want to speak to someone

You can do it, you have the power
Great your pac code and then within 24hour you’ll get retention team on the phone
ndyanem09/01/2020 18:04

Great your pac code and then within 24hour you’ll get retention team on t …Great your pac code and then within 24hour you’ll get retention team on the phone

not always. EE doesn't do that anymore.
ndyanem09/01/2020 18:04

Great your pac code and then within 24hour you’ll get retention team on t …Great your pac code and then within 24hour you’ll get retention team on the phone

I logged into the website last night and used the link to request leaving info, got a text with my final charge if I left now.

I had two calls from EE today, missed the first one cos I was in work, then missed the second one driving home.
Thought I'd give it one more go today thinking day time different staff on, I got through to a different advisor and what a difference, lovely young man couldn't do enough for me, he upgraded me to a note 10 for the price I wanted, kept my number I'm very happy, I would advise anyone to keep trying ,depends who you get on the other end of the phone I think, some great some not so great
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions