EE - One-off charges

Posted 11th JulEdited by:"Delightful123"
I have recently been keeping an eye on my mobile phone bills.

Since January this year I have been noticing one-off charges being added to my EE mobile phone bills.

I spoke to EE a few months ago & they did credit me for the one-off charges that I had been billed in error.

I have just noticed on my last 2 bills that they have started charging me again one-off charges.

This month they have charged me a remaining contract charge of £6.87 plus vat. I have not made any changes to my contract.

They have also charged me twice for additional 2GB £6.66 plus vat. I only had one additional 2GB added.

Does anybody else receive these one-off charges in error?

I will be contacting EE again tomorrow to have these one-off charges refunded.

I will be glad when my contract is up in September this year because I will probably leave EE due to these errors that keep appearing on my bills.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
I’ve had this in the past with all providers.
Now I never get that issue as I cap my bill to £0.00 extras.
The wife just got a £0.40 charge last week for adding a heart emoji in a text, counts as a picture. Who knew.
Now hers is capped at Zero extra.
Ps, I will ring up any company and complain if I’m over charged even a penny.
I used to have a cheque framed on my wall from Croydon council for a 1p refund.
Everyowho had seen it loved it.
bigwheels11/07/2020 06:58

I’ve had this in the past with all providers.Now I never get that issue as …I’ve had this in the past with all providers.Now I never get that issue as I cap my bill to £0.00 extras.The wife just got a £0.40 charge last week for adding a heart emoji in a text, counts as a picture. Who knew.Now hers is capped at Zero extra.Ps, I will ring up any company and complain if I’m over charged even a penny.I used to have a cheque framed on my wall from Croydon council for a 1p refund.Everyowho had seen it loved it.

Emojis in text or SMS messages, other than the old fashioned ones like :-), are usually counted as MMS or picture messages by many service providers. I hardly ever use SMS because of that - everything is over WhatsApp.
bozo00711/07/2020 09:05

Emojis in text or SMS messages, other than the old fashioned ones like …Emojis in text or SMS messages, other than the old fashioned ones like :-), are usually counted as MMS or picture messages by many service providers. I hardly ever use SMS because of that - everything is over WhatsApp.

To find that out cost her 40p.
I only text yes no ok etc.
I like to call people not text.

I’ve had this in the past with all providers.Now I never get that issue as …I’ve had this in the past with all providers.Now I never get that issue as I cap my bill to £0.00 extras.The wife just got a £0.40 charge last week for adding a heart emoji in a text, counts as a picture. Who knew.Now hers is capped at Zero extra.Ps, I will ring up any company and complain if I’m over charged even a penny.I used to have a cheque framed on my wall from Croydon council for a 1p refund.Everyowho had seen it loved it.

Android phone by any chance? Go into phone messaging settings and change the Unicode setting to automatic, now you can send emojis, as many as you like and they will send as a text message.
Edited by: "BadMF" 11th Jul
BadMF11/07/2020 10:42

Android phone by any chance? Go into phone messaging settings and change …Android phone by any chance? Go into phone messaging settings and change the Unicode setting to automatic, now you can send emojis, as many as you like and they will send as a text message.

Thanks, I will look at her phone

Oh my god!

You sound exactly like me
i have been with EE for many years and they can make the odd mistake with billing. tends to happen when you change plan or terminate your contract but not so much during contract.

you should find out what these extra charges are for, as it sounds like MMS, emoji in text messages, high data useage etc. as said in previous comments, set the extra charge ceiling to £0.00 then you won't have this problem regularly.
bozo00711/07/2020 09:05

Emojis in text or SMS messages, other than the old fashioned ones like …Emojis in text or SMS messages, other than the old fashioned ones like :-), are usually counted as MMS or picture messages by many service providers. I hardly ever use SMS because of that - everything is over WhatsApp.

Well I never knew that. Now I'm wiser and will use them less. Thank you.
I've rang EE, they are refunding me the extra data charge & remaining contract charge.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants