EE Price Match instore Legit?

Found 20th May 2017
I'm waiting for the next iPhone to come out but thought I'd shop around for the iPhone 7 Plus to see what deals are around. Having looked online I see that mobiles.co.uk are pretty cheap but not heard great things and prefer to shop instore. I have an iPhone 6 Plus and its 2 years old now and due an upgrade.

I went into Vodafone and O2 and they offered their standard high prices and wont budge on them. So these guys are a big fat NO!

Going into EE however... They were happy to price match my current upgrade deal with Tesco Mobile and have offered a very good offer but how have they done this? Is it legit?

iPhone 7 Plus 128GB - £41 per month + £100 upfront = Unl Mins and Texts + 25GB data + BT Sport + Apple Music + Roaming as of the 15th June

iPhone 7 Plus 32GB - £37 per month + £100 upfront = Unl Mins and Texts + 25GB data + BT Sport + Apple Music + Roaming as of the 15th June

Upgrade after 19 months or pay £5 per month for yearly upgrade

Tesco Mobile offer the iPhone 7 Plus as follows:

iPhone 7 Plus 128GB - £48 per month (No upfront) = xxx Min and Texts + 3GB data

iPhone 7 Plus 32GB - £37 per month (No upfront) = xxx Mins and Texts + 3GB data

Upgrade anytime but I have to pay the remainder for the phone.

Should I move to EE and take their deal?

9 Comments

Banned

"I'm waiting for the next iPhone to come out but thought I'd shop around for the iPhone 7 Plus "

Then you're not waiting, are you.

id just wait for the new iPhone if that's what you really want

Original Poster

Mfkgkhkuku

"I'm waiting for the next iPhone to come out but thought I'd shop around … "I'm waiting for the next iPhone to come out but thought I'd shop around for the iPhone 7 Plus "Then you're not waiting, are you.

No harm in shopping around, just couldnt believe what EE were offering

Original Poster

discozohan

id just wait for the new iPhone if that's what you really want

With the yearly upgrade and the new iphone at least 5 months away its not a bad deal but wasnt sure why they can price match

BT have the might and landline business to balance the books, doesn't surprise me instore are matching now.

I remember 3 said they would match all my numbers on my Orange account and cheaper to get my other three numbers across, they took one look and said "we can't match 2500 mins, unlimited data for £20 - infact we can't even match the plan at any cost"! Some price promise!!

Good to see EE start doing this since joining BT, might pop in and ask the to match a plan I move to from Plusnet, thanks for letting us know!

those ee prices seem to good to be true.

Original Poster

I found out that the store I went to is a franchise of EE which is why they can do the deals. Going back today to see if I can get it slightly better and find out all the T&cs

thomcottrell

I found out that the store I went to is a franchise of EE which is why … I found out that the store I went to is a franchise of EE which is why they can do the deals. Going back today to see if I can get it slightly better and find out all the T&cs

Did you get anywhere with this?

Original Poster

andy515

Did you get anywhere with this?

So it turns out EE staff can get 30% discount off the normal tariffs and give that discount to up to 5 friends or something.
With that in mind the staff can give their discount to customers to close deals and get the sales.
The catch is the discount doesn't apply to first months bill and the discount is removed when the employee leaves the company.
The discount is applied at the staff members discretion and with approval of the manager.
I did not take the deal as Tesco offered a better deal.
Post a comment
@
    Text