EE Retention Deal

Found 10th Jan 2016
OK. Any advice would be appreciated. Just ended 2 sim only contracts with EE. Was paying £10 per month for 1GB data, unlimited texts and 250 mins on each. £20 a month for both mobiles. For info. mobiles are iPhones and locked to EE.

I thought I would haggle for a better deal, but they offered nothing, even got through to retentions team and they said they couldn't offer anything better.
I ended up asking for PAC codes for both mobiles. To be honest, I just wanted to stay with EE and get a bit more data as I am in a good area and receive the double speed 4G for £10 a month, but there was nothing offered.
Do you think they will phone back and offer anything else. Who else uses EE as their provider. Any deals would be appreciated.
Community Updates
29 Comments
Just upgraded from T-mobile to EE the other day and I was offered £4.99 for 250 minutes, 500mb data & 500 texts or £9.99 for 2GB data, 2000 minutes & unlimited texts. This was on the normal 4G.
Edited by: "ace101" 10th Jan 2016
Look at life mobile deals on here owned by ee
Original Poster
ace101

Just upgraded from T-mobile to EE the other day and I was offered £4.99 … Just upgraded from T-mobile to EE the other day and I was offered £4.99 for 250 minutes, 500mb data & 500 texts or £9.99 for 2GB data, 2000 minutes & unlimited texts. This was on the normal 4G.

The 2GB deal would suit me fine for £10 a month, not sure why they couldn't offer me that.
Original Poster
deanos

Look at life mobile deals on here owned by ee

Thanks for that, checking now.
i got unlimited mins and text. 4gb of 4g data for £12 a month recently. It was an outbound call.
Original Poster
ricky7

i got unlimited mins and text. 4gb of 4g data for £12 a month recently. … i got unlimited mins and text. 4gb of 4g data for £12 a month recently. It was an outbound call.

Outbound call??? Do u mean they contacted you after you had cancelled?
MickyD

Outbound call??? Do u mean they contacted you after you had cancelled?

no, i asked for my pac code, then a couple of hours later they called me up offering me the deal i mentioned
I was called by retentions and offered a deal that I was happy with about a week after requesting my pac code. I genuinely was looking to change as there were some really good pre Xmas deals but just didn't actually get around to it in the run up to Xmas. I was offered an iPhone 6s 64g unlimited/unlimited and 2g data for £34.99 with £9.99 cost of handset. I was happy with this, could have held out for more data but considering I don't ever go over my previous 1g allowance didn't seem worth it
Original Poster
ricky7

no, i asked for my pac code, then a couple of hours later they called me … no, i asked for my pac code, then a couple of hours later they called me up offering me the deal i mentioned

Thanks for that, I will hold out and keep my fingers crossed. Cheers
Original Poster
janeywaters

I was called by retentions and offered a deal that I was happy with about … I was called by retentions and offered a deal that I was happy with about a week after requesting my pac code. I genuinely was looking to change as there were some really good pre Xmas deals but just didn't actually get around to it in the run up to Xmas. I was offered an iPhone 6s 64g unlimited/unlimited and 2g data for £34.99 with £9.99 cost of handset. I was happy with this, could have held out for more data but considering I don't ever go over my previous 1g allowance didn't seem worth it

That's sounds a cracking deal, but already got my 2 iPhones.
My current sim only costs me £12.99. I get unlimited calls and texts and 10 gb of 4g. I got this when I cancelled by £50 a month contract around a year ago
Original Poster
itsdavidjones1984

My current sim only costs me £12.99. I get unlimited calls and texts and … My current sim only costs me £12.99. I get unlimited calls and texts and 10 gb of 4g. I got this when I cancelled by £50 a month contract around a year ago

Is that with EE?
Have you checked mobilephonesdirect.co.uk website?they do good EE deals,a lot of it is with cashback,but it still works out cheap.
Edited by: "reidy1970" 10th Jan 2016
Original Poster
reidy1970

http://www.mobilephonesdirect.co.uk/shopping-basket,this is the deal i … http://www.mobilephonesdirect.co.uk/shopping-basket,this is the deal i ordered today.

Thanks for that, can you check link, showing as expired.
Same my end,but just look for the ee deals in the sim only sections.
Original Poster
reidy1970

Same my end,but just look for the ee deals in the sim only sections.

Will do, thanks for that.
With TalkTalk at all? With cashback I'm paying £3/yr (25p/month) for unlimited sms, 1000mins, and 3gb data. Worth looking at if you are.
Original Poster
dancedar

With TalkTalk at all? With cashback I'm paying £3/yr (25p/month) for … With TalkTalk at all? With cashback I'm paying £3/yr (25p/month) for unlimited sms, 1000mins, and 3gb data. Worth looking at if you are.

Yes I am with TT for broadband, I would have to unlock phones, they are currently locked to EE, but I like the EE 4G double speed I get.
itsdavidjones1984

My current sim only costs me £12.99. I get unlimited calls and texts and … My current sim only costs me £12.99. I get unlimited calls and texts and 10 gb of 4g. I got this when I cancelled by £50 a month contract around a year ago

is this direct through EE or cashback?
I'm on a 1gb data, 500 minutes and unlimited texts from T-Mobile all for £1.15 per month.
I get loyalty discount thought.
Original Poster
Blimey £1.15 That would do just fine.
Yes, when I was due an upgrade the bloke said he'd only ever seen one cheaper, that was £1.12 but less data.
He said don't change anything because I won't keep my discounts..

dancedar

With TalkTalk at all? With cashback I'm paying £3/yr (25p/month) for … With TalkTalk at all? With cashback I'm paying £3/yr (25p/month) for unlimited sms, 1000mins, and 3gb data. Worth looking at if you are.

​Seriously? As in twenty five English pence per month for all that??
MickyD

Is that with EE?

​indeed
I contacted my mobile provider (Tesco) to see if they can give me a better deal. I am currently on 2000 mins, 3000 texts and 3gb data on a monthly rolling plan of £15 per month. They suggest 1000 mins, 2000 texts and 6gb data for 12 months (£20 per month). Ideally I wanted to pay less for more data. Is this a good deal?
Edited by: "sazzopardi1971" 12th Jan 2016
sazzopardi1971

I contacted my mobile provider (Tesco) to see if they can give me a … I contacted my mobile provider (Tesco) to see if they can give me a better deal. I am currently on 2000 mins, 3000 texts and 3gb data on a monthly rolling plan of £15 per month. They suggest 1000 mins, 2000 texts and 6gb data for 12 months (£20 per month). Ideally I wanted to pay less for more data. Is this a good deal?

This depends on what your usage is, if you require more data then it's decent but if your just wanting a bill reduction then perhaps just ask for a loyalty discount ?
mb021

This depends on what your usage is, if you require more data then it's … This depends on what your usage is, if you require more data then it's decent but if your just wanting a bill reduction then perhaps just ask for a loyalty discount ?

This is how much I've used so far this month until 15/1/2016:

28/2000 mins; 23/5000 texts; 3322/3322 mb data

Do you think it's better for me to pop in store to get a much better deal than the one I've been offered over the phone yesterday?

Also, yesterday, I was told if I do pop in store, I need to bring some photo ID with me, but unfortunately I do not have a passport or driving license. Only bank statements and utility bills. I'm worried it may not be sufficient.....
Edited by: "sazzopardi1971" 13th Jan 2016
I was with EE and they weren't bothered with offering me a decent retention so I got my PAC code, and went with a third party offer - with EE.

Best deal I've seen from Money supermarket offers was £8.50 for unlimited calls and texts and 2gb of data, cheaper if it's on Voda but they are a rubbish network now.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants