Posted 5th Jan 2022
Hi everyone.
Since EE will introduce £2/day charge starting March, I was going to move to o2 to continue having free roaming.
I received a call from EE retention team and I was offered a deal including 13GB of data, unlim mins and texts and free EU roaming for £8/month, 12 months contract, which I accepted.
I wonder if anyone else was offered free EU roaming after March 2022. I got the confirmation email now and no mentioning of this addon.
Community Updates
New Comment

6 Comments

sorted by
  1. Avatar
    EE makes it clear on their webpage:

EU roaming charges and changes
    Following Brexit, the way our network operates in the EU will be changing.

If your plan started before 7 July 2021: If you're on a pay monthly plan and your contract started before 7 July 2021, these changes will not affect you.

If your plan started on or after 7 July 2021: If you take out a pay monthly handset or SIM plan from 7 July onwards, there will be a daily charge for using your phone in our European roaming zone (see list of destinations). However, we won't apply the new EU roaming charges until 3 March 2022. (edited)
  2. Avatar
    It may be worth double checking that they will confirm roaming is included after March as opposed to confirming "it includes roaming CURRENTLY"

I would suspect included roaming will still end in March like for all other contracts, but it is possible that it may be included if the contract covers it and it has been agreed upfront.
  3. Avatar
    Author
    Buckyball05/01/2022 16:34

EE makes it clear on their webpage:EU roaming charges and changes …EE makes it clear on their webpage:EU roaming charges and changes Following Brexit, the way our network operates in the EU will be changing.If your plan started before 7 July 2021: If you're on a pay monthly plan and your contract started before 7 July 2021, these changes will not affect you.If your plan started on or after 7 July 2021: If you take out a pay monthly handset or SIM plan from 7 July onwards, there will be a daily charge for using your phone in our European roaming zone (see list of destinations). However, we won't apply the new EU roaming charges until 3 March 2022.

Starting March 2022 there will be an add on worth £10 which includes roaming in EU for the entire month, so i thought it's that option, hence why i was happy with the offer. Now i'm sure the operator didn't know what he was talking about as he confirmed the roaming will be free for the entire 12 months.
  4. Avatar
    That sounds like the same option someone can get when going to the US/Canada. And it's pro rata, giving you money for unused days back.
  5. Avatar
    Author
    Buckyball05/01/2022 16:53

That sounds like the same option someone can get when going to the …That sounds like the same option someone can get when going to the US/Canada. And it's pro rata, giving you money for unused days back.

That's what I thought as well, they will probably change it in March.
    Got through an advisor, he said EE won't offer a £10 add on for free for a £8 month plan and asked me to contact another team to submit a cancellation request
  6. Avatar
    Did you end up cancelling?
    if not, argue the case and it will be honoured (after the 14days cool off ).
    ask if the agent put/type the details of this upgrade on your account.
    also ask if the call was recorded. It should be on their system- just make sure your number wasn’t withheld As they may not record these.

take it through to complaints, and they’ll investigate, when they do get confirmation they have listened to the phone.
    If after the complaint they still say they can’t honour, get a letter of deadlock and go ombudsman.

you’ll get it. Happend to me a few years ago with something ee said they honoured. When it failed to come I did the above. Few months later, got a call saying they will honour it and asked if I was happy for them to close the ombudsman complaint on their side.
Top Merchants