EE Retention Deal S8

Found 23rd Aug 2017
My contract finishes 23rd September, I rang EE and went through to give my notice and request my Pac code. They asked what deal I had left themfor, I used Vodafone via Mobiles.co.uk £29 a month for Unlt Texts and Calls and 5gb data and upfront cost of £75.

He then offered me Unlt Texts and Min with 5GB data for £30.99 a month and a upfront cost of £36.97 (includes postage) and 6 months free streamimg music thing!

I am pretty happy with this, im currently paying £37odd on my S6!!! So paying less and getting a newer phone 💪💪💪💪
Community Updates
7 Comments
If you are interested then the new Note device is due to be announced
I just recently upgraded from an s6 edge 64gb to an s8 with Vodafone.

They wanted £50/M + £30 up front. I would get 4gb, unlimited mins and text.

Spoke online chat got max discount of 20%, so didn't bother.

They rang me telling me I can upgrade. Over the phone I got 30% discount (has to be retention team).

Got offered s8, wireless charger, case and screen protector. 4gb, unlimited mins and text for £35, with £30 upfront.

Ordered it on a Friday,was told it'll arrive Monday. Monday came I rang Vodafone and asked what's going on.

Turns out they made notes but didn't process the order.

I complained and got

S8 64gb, free accessory pack (worth £50)
Free up front cost (£30)
Free first month off my bill (£35)
Unlimited mins, unlimited text, 6gb (instead of 4) and an extra £10 for keeping me on the phone for 25 minutes.

£35/M for the contract. Loving the phone but wish I went with the s8+.

Edit:

Tried the wireless charger (it's crap) took it to cex for £28 credit and bought a 128gb micro sd class 10 SanDisk instead. (Technically free).
Edited by: "kos1c" 23rd Aug 2017
kos1c4 h, 34 m ago

I just recently upgraded from an s6 edge 64gb to an s8 with Vodafone. They …I just recently upgraded from an s6 edge 64gb to an s8 with Vodafone. They wanted £50/M + £30 up front. I would get 4gb, unlimited mins and text. Spoke online chat got max discount of 20%, so didn't bother. They rang me telling me I can upgrade. Over the phone I got 30% discount (has to be retention team). Got offered s8, wireless charger, case and screen protector. 4gb, unlimited mins and text for £35, with £30 upfront. Ordered it on a Friday,was told it'll arrive Monday. Monday came I rang Vodafone and asked what's going on. Turns out they made notes but didn't process the order. I complained and gotS8 64gb, free accessory pack (worth £50)Free up front cost (£30)Free first month off my bill (£35)Unlimited mins, unlimited text, 6gb (instead of 4) and an extra £10 for keeping me on the phone for 25 minutes.£35/M for the contract. Loving the phone but wish I went with the s8+.Edit:Tried the wireless charger (it's crap) took it to cex for £28 credit and bought a 128gb micro sd class 10 SanDisk instead. (Technically free).

wow love this, hope mine doesn't arrive now
Loved Samsung until they made all the screens curved

It's a nightmare to get a screen cover to fit and I tried lots
AbigailBriggs1 h, 21 m ago

wow love this, hope mine doesn't arrive now

If you are persistent you can get anything from these phone companies.

On my last contract they messed me over. So on the same phone call I told them my issue and got given £50 off my contract. Then asked them to put me onto complaints department as I would like to book my complaint in.

Explained my issue to the complaints department and didn't even ask for compensation

"We're sorry about what went on how does £30 sound?"
Me: "what? No.."
Them: "How about £40?"
Me: "wait what?.. No"
Them: "Does £50 sound better?"
Me: "erm.. No?" (Clocked what was going on)
Them: "ok,what about £60?"
Me "what's the max you can give Me?"
Them: £70 is the max.

So one phone call I got £130 off my previous contract.

Vodafone have really bad customer services but there's always good outcomes as well.

Btw last contract my s6 edge phone charger cable was dying. Convince Vodafone to pay for a replacement (£20).
hotukdeals.com/dis…834

Thread I made about it. Also o2 gave me £7 off the charger cable when I bought from their store. Don't know why. :0
Slight update.

Minor issue with new contract. Was meant to be 6gb of data (4gb + 2 bonus).
The 2 bonus was only for the first month it seems. I questioned Vodafone because I was told it was the full length of my contract.

Got given £15 off my bill and told I'd get a call back.

No call back in 3 days. So rang up again a moment ago, as they don't do 6gb contracts. They bumped me up to 8gb for the rest of my contract for no extra cost.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants