EE sim only discount on new line possible?

Posted 10th JulEdited by:"spannerzone"
Hi, has any existing EE sim only customer managed to wangle a second (new) sim only contract to their account and also got it discounted? - otherwise I'll look at cheaper sim only from elsewhere, Ideally I want to use the EE network and have access to 4G calling (3g not great where I live). Cheers
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

16 Comments
EE is currently offering a few deals on second lines. You get 1GB data boost to your main line when you take out a second line. You also get 10% off the second line cost. You can also move data around the two sim at will.

I got this when I renewed my EE sim. so give them a call and ask about a second line.
mutley110/07/2020 10:58

EE is currently offering a few deals on second lines. You get 1GB data …EE is currently offering a few deals on second lines. You get 1GB data boost to your main line when you take out a second line. You also get 10% off the second line cost. You can also move data around the two sim at will.I got this when I renewed my EE sim. so give them a call and ask about a second line.

Thanks I'll look into that and the sharing data is handy as I have more than I need and could get a low data deal for second line and move mine around.
Edited by: "spannerzone" 10th Jul
I think you could also get an EE sim only through a 3rd party seller and then add the number to your account.
Edited by: "giboning" 10th Jul
giboning10/07/2020 11:41

I think you could also get an EE sim only through a 3rd party seller and …I think you could also get an EE sim only through a 3rd party seller and then add the number to your account.

Ah ok that's good to know, I will check that as an option, cheers.
giboning10/07/2020 11:41

I think you could also get an EE sim only through a 3rd party seller and …I think you could also get an EE sim only through a 3rd party seller and then add the number to your account.

yes, you can do this. i have done this before when i bought a phone on EE deal with cashback with a third party provider as the sim contract is dealt with by EE.

i did that before the data gifting was introduced by EE, so i don't know if you did this, you could move data around if the second line is bought through a third party.
mutley110/07/2020 13:05

yes, you can do this. i have done this before when i bought a phone on EE …yes, you can do this. i have done this before when i bought a phone on EE deal with cashback with a third party provider as the sim contract is dealt with by EE.i did that before the data gifting was introduced by EE, so i don't know if you did this, you could move data around if the second line is bought through a third party.

Yeah you can definitely still move data between the 2 lines, I took out the £17p/m glitch on the iPhone XR from Affordable Mobiles and it added to my other EE contract automatically. These can data share without any issues, however I did have to contact EE to get the additional 1GB of data.
JohnnyRoller10/07/2020 16:13

Yeah you can definitely still move data between the 2 lines, I took out …Yeah you can definitely still move data between the 2 lines, I took out the £17p/m glitch on the iPhone XR from Affordable Mobiles and it added to my other EE contract automatically. These can data share without any issues, however I did have to contact EE to get the additional 1GB of data.

for the last two years, EE messed up my account somehow so it had data shared across 2 sims, each of 4GB. but i only had one sim! so i had 8GB of data on one sim.

i didn't complain of course. but i didn't really use it either as i use on average 250mb a month!
mutley110/07/2020 10:58

EE is currently offering a few deals on second lines. You get 1GB data …EE is currently offering a few deals on second lines. You get 1GB data boost to your main line when you take out a second line. You also get 10% off the second line cost. You can also move data around the two sim at will.I got this when I renewed my EE sim. so give them a call and ask about a second line.

Oh Voda basics was very poor actually. I’m leaving and yesterday I had a ball headache with them as she cancelled my account instantly without asking for pac code so I quickly asked and she said it’s too late!
So now they rejoined my and my bill isn’t looking good although they said I won’t pay anything extra.

Moving to plusnet with £35 cashback
Misslovely10/07/2020 17:35

Oh Voda basics was very poor actually. I’m leaving and yesterday I had a b …Oh Voda basics was very poor actually. I’m leaving and yesterday I had a ball headache with them as she cancelled my account instantly without asking for pac code so I quickly asked and she said it’s too late! So now they rejoined my and my bill isn’t looking good although they said I won’t pay anything extra. Moving to plusnet with £35 cashback

thanks for the info. i ordered a vodafone PAYG sim and tested the call signal and internet speed at my house and it was fine. i was going to order the basic plan and move from EE. i was going to order through TCB as you had recommended, but i don't think they are reliable at paying out cashback as the reviews on them on the TCB site is poor.

however, when i called EE to ask about what retention options they had, i was surprised that they offered me a cheap sim plan for £6pm. It had unlimited minutes and unlimited texts, with 2GB of data. the cost for the plan is £16pm but they gave me a £10pm discount as retention.

they then offered me a second line at the same price, which they said was only on offer at the same time that I renewed with EE, so i took it for hubby as he is with sky mobile and they are rubbish.

turns out, when i took out this 2nd line, i also got a 1GB data boost to my main line and also 50p a month discount for taking out the second line, so i am well happy
mutley110/07/2020 17:44

thanks for the info. i ordered a vodafone PAYG sim and tested the call …thanks for the info. i ordered a vodafone PAYG sim and tested the call signal and internet speed at my house and it was fine. i was going to order the basic plan and move from EE. i was going to order through TCB as you had recommended, but i don't think they are reliable at paying out cashback as the reviews on them on the TCB site is poor.however, when i called EE to ask about what retention options they had, i was surprised that they offered me a cheap sim plan for £6pm. It had unlimited minutes and unlimited texts, with 2GB of data. the cost for the plan is £16pm but they gave me a £10pm discount as retention.they then offered me a second line at the same price, which they said was only on offer at the same time that I renewed with EE, so i took it for hubby as he is with sky mobile and they are rubbish.turns out, when i took out this 2nd line, i also got a 1GB data boost to my main line and also 50p a month discount for taking out the second line, so i am well happy

That’s really good. Plusnet is using EE too . Voda basics Internet seems worst for me
Can’t wait when my new sim arrives as it’s all a mess up.
Misslovely10/07/2020 17:49

That’s really good. Plusnet is using EE too . Voda basics Internet seems w …That’s really good. Plusnet is using EE too . Voda basics Internet seems worst for me Can’t wait when my new sim arrives as it’s all a mess up.

hope plusnet works for you. it has been pants for me, even worst than sky mobile. i got two cheap sims for my brother and dad, £3.99 pm but the call signal is not great on them.
The reason I want a second line with EE is I'm with EE and wife uses Plusnet and the lack of 4G calling on Plusnet means poorer reception where we live with Plusnet compared to EE. Also Plusnet don't support short dialing text messages.

However their pricing is very good.
spannerzone10/07/2020 18:02

The reason I want a second line with EE is I'm with EE and wife uses …The reason I want a second line with EE is I'm with EE and wife uses Plusnet and the lack of 4G calling on Plusnet means poorer reception where we live with Plusnet compared to EE. Also Plusnet don't support short dialing text messages.However their pricing is very good.

my dad and brother live in central london and the call signal is poor for them. if the call signal is poor in central london, then i can't see it being very good any where else in the country as you would expect central london to have the best mobile phone signal due to the density of population there.
mutley110/07/2020 18:12

my dad and brother live in central london and the call signal is poor for …my dad and brother live in central london and the call signal is poor for them. if the call signal is poor in central london, then i can't see it being very good any where else in the country as you would expect central london to have the best mobile phone signal due to the density of population there.

Hmmm that's odd.... for me (and maybe your dad and brother) the problem is that 3G signals are used by Plusnet for calling... there's no 4G calling......and the EE/Plusnet/BT network are making changes to their 3G signals to bring in 5G as I understand it...so 3G may get poorer and 4G/5G is more necessary for making voice calls..... so it's possible Plusnet users might get a poorer service than someone on EE or BT. It seems like a very poor business decision for Plusnet users.... I know it's cheaper but call quality and coverage is essential.
spannerzone10/07/2020 18:17

Hmmm that's odd.... for me (and maybe your dad and brother) the problem is …Hmmm that's odd.... for me (and maybe your dad and brother) the problem is that 3G signals are used by Plusnet for calling... there's no 4G calling......and the EE/Plusnet/BT network are making changes to their 3G signals to bring in 5G as I understand it...so 3G may get poorer and 4G/5G is more necessary for making voice calls..... so it's possible Plusnet users might get a poorer service than someone on EE or BT. It seems like a very poor business decision for Plusnet users.... I know it's cheaper but call quality and coverage is essential.

i have had the plusnet sims for a couple of years now, and right from the beginning the call signal is poor. it was a cheap plan so for them it was fine. for me, i would never use it, even if it was free.
mutley110/07/2020 17:56

hope plusnet works for you. it has been pants for me, even worst than sky …hope plusnet works for you. it has been pants for me, even worst than sky mobile. i got two cheap sims for my brother and dad, £3.99 pm but the call signal is not great on them.

I was fine last year but then I moved to sky mobile lol. Cashback makes it a deal to move around so hope it pays
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants