EE sim only question

Posted 15th Oct
I took out an EE sim only contract last November, I've still got just over a month left on it as it was 12 month contract, I pay £16.60 a month, just want to know what happens after the 12 months, do they put the price of my contract up if I stay with them, or do I just be kept at the same price and still have the same data, text and calls as I started with.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

13 Comments
I’m on EE sim only for last 4 years. It was originally £20 unlimited with bt sport app and a few other add ons free, pay about £22.50 now they increase it yearly by a little bit like you get with most providers
If the monthly price was a standard price nothing will change from start of m13. If it was a 12m promo price the promo will disappear from start of m13. Usually best to request a retention offer at the start of m12 if you are happy to stay and make another commitment, although best retention offers usually only materialise after request of PAC
discozohan15/10/2019 22:47

I’m on EE sim only for last 4 years. It was originally £20 unlimited with …I’m on EE sim only for last 4 years. It was originally £20 unlimited with bt sport app and a few other add ons free, pay about £22.50 now they increase it yearly by a little bit like you get with most providers

Thanks discozohan, I'm getting 25gb data, free calls and text with them at the minute for £16.60, what I want to know is will I still get that after the 12 months are up?
AndyRoyd15/10/2019 22:48

If the monthly price was a standard price nothing will change from start …If the monthly price was a standard price nothing will change from start of m13. If it was a 12m promo price the promo will disappear from start of m13. Usually best to request a retention offer at the start of m12 if you are happy to stay and make another commitment, although best retention offers usually only materialise after request of PAC

The last time I phoned was to leave but got them to give me the 25gb and free calls and text for £16 so stayed then it went up to £16.60 with the yearly increase a few months ago
Edited by: "feckineejit" 15th Oct
feckineejit15/10/2019 22:53

The last time I phoned was to leave but got them to give me the 25gb and …The last time I phoned was to leave but got them to give me the 25gb and free calls and text for £16 so stayed then it went up to £16.60 a few months ago

The small increase you mention is the RPI increase that you agreed to at retention.
feckineejit15/10/2019 22:50

Thanks discozohan, I'm getting 25gb data, free calls and text with them at …Thanks discozohan, I'm getting 25gb data, free calls and text with them at the minute for £16.60, what I want to know is will I still get that after the 12 months are up?

It depends what’s in your contract. Is it an initial 12 month discount? If not then i presume you’ll carry on paying the £16.60 a month and they’ll add the standard 3% or so yearly price hike for some lame excuse like costs have increased etc. Only way to be sure is call EE customers services.
Well I've got till Thursday to give my 30 day notice, might just see what they say to me then, as there site seems to down atm and I can't see what my contract is.
feckineejit15/10/2019 22:50

Thanks discozohan, I'm getting 25gb data, free calls and text with them at …Thanks discozohan, I'm getting 25gb data, free calls and text with them at the minute for £16.60, what I want to know is will I still get that after the 12 months are up?

Depends how the deal was presented to you at retention. We weren't eavesdropping on your retention discussion so we don't know, but if EE didn't use the phrase "which will revert to £xx after 12m promotional period" then it should continue as a rolling 30day arrangement. Maybe check your EE account or consider chat, I doubt there is anything detrimental by asking the Q to EE directly.
38675273-EnLz4.jpgThis is the contract I took out 11 months ago
feckineejit15/10/2019 23:03

[Image] This is the contract I took out 11 months ago

Q to ask EE: please confirm the £9 discount is permanent & not just for the life of the 12m contract. If not, PAC please.
I would actually make them give you a BIGGER discount to remain with them. £16 a month is good but they definitely offer lower prices. Give it a shot, and asking for PAC always triggers them to offer previously unavailable discounts.
Just contacted them, they wont lower my price but i don't mind that, I am still keeping the £9 discount but will go onto a rolling contract after next month which I think will be better as I can leave at any time another good deal comes along
dont forget to get 20% off using code employee20dds or employee20BMW I do I'm on that plan and pay £16
Edited by: "garbageguy" 21st Oct
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants