EE / TMOBIE / ORANGE signal box - will a second hand box work

Found 13th Jun 2015
hi
im looking to buy a second hand signal booster to increase signal in my area

ive seen some on ebay

will it work if i call ee and re-register it?
Community Updates
8 Comments
What do you mean by a signal box?? I have a Bright Box 2 EE wireless router thats brand new in the box...Would this be able yo help you out??
I have one at home, EE gave it to us for free as they cant provide service, just give them a ring and compalin your not getting signal, thats what we did, and we got the box, for free!
if you're in a contract they will send you one free. it's a long winded process but be persistent that you're not getting the signal.
sethboy1

I have one at home, EE gave it to us for free as they cant provide … I have one at home, EE gave it to us for free as they cant provide service, just give them a ring and compalin your not getting signal, thats what we did, and we got the box, for free!

sethboy1

I have one at home, EE gave it to us for free as they cant provide … I have one at home, EE gave it to us for free as they cant provide service, just give them a ring and compalin your not getting signal, thats what we did, and we got the box, for free!

thanks for the info. didn't know they existed.
I assume you mean signal booster box

Does the box only work on the owners account (if they keep their contract)......not sure.

Someone else may answer that
works for 4 mobile phones at the same time. either ee/t-mobile and orange.
I have one, sent for free from ee after complaining about lack of signal.
works great.
thanks, what happens if you cancel your contract then
Not sure if this helps at all... I've had one for a couple of years for use with with my EE contract.

My wife switched from Vodafone to EE a few months back, it also works with hers, didn't have to do any kind of registration.

My son has a pay as you go sim with The People's Operator which is an MVNO that uses the EE network. Works with that as well.

When I first got the box I had to ring and register it, and it says somewhere in the guides that if you change ISP you need to ring them and re-register it... but I've changed ISP three times since I first got the box and every time it's just started working once it gets reconnected to the internet with the new ISP without me having to ring them.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions