EE tops mobile network performance awards in the second half of 2017 - RootMetrics

Found 20th FebEdited by:"m00head"
2897442.jpg
2897442.jpg
2897442.jpg
2897442.jpg
2897442.jpg
Source: RootMetrics

Calls
Three and Vodafone beat EE in the first half of 2017 for the reliability of calls. In the second half of 2017, EE shares voice category bragging rights with Three nationwide and in England and Scotland, while Three is a clear leader for call reliability in Wales.

Data
Three has seen major improvements in data throughput as it continues to expand its LTE coverage. For example, it almost doubled its median upload throughput in London (to 11Mbps). Meanwhile, O2 ends up last out of four in most data examples.

Methodology
RootMetrics gathers data from over 700,000 tests from outdoor, rail, and 649 indoor locations. Galaxy S8 (and S7) phones were used for testing.

• Plusnet Mobile, Virgin Mobile, BT Mobile, and ASDA Mobile use the EE network.

• Giffgaff, Tesco Mobile, Sky Mobile, and Lycamobile use the O2 network.

• TalkTalk Mobile and Lebara Mobile use the Vodafone network.

• iD Mobile uses the Three network.

SIM cards provided by MVNOs that are using Three's network will only work with 3G/4G devices, as Three does not operate 2G infrastructure in the UK.

List of United Kingdom mobile virtual network operators - Wikipedia
Community Updates
MiscElectronicsMobile
6 Comments
The important question is, for me at least, how do the prices compare for that minuscule improvement?
I have used EE for ages now, they are the only network that I get a signal with in all the locations I frequent.
CoeK2 h, 40 m ago

I have used EE for ages now, they are the only network that I get a signal …I have used EE for ages now, they are the only network that I get a signal with in all the locations I frequent.

Signal. I remember many years ago, kids went to Scripture Union summer camp up in the highlands of Scotland, went to pick them up, greeted with the scene of dozens of kids wandering about a big hill looking for a signal.
CoeK3 h, 43 m ago

I have used EE for ages now, they are the only network that I get a signal …I have used EE for ages now, they are the only network that I get a signal with in all the locations I frequent.

For me the complete opposite - all relative to where you go and usage etc
So that's why they're so expensive. I never renewed my contracts with them in December due to the ridiculous prices they wanted for handset upgrades and sim only deals when compared with other networks. Now a happy virgin customer (using EE's network) paying a fraction of what I was paying EE for more Data and mins.

As a side note, I live in south Tyneside, hardly the back of beyond and I've found their 4G service to be patchy at best, their 2G service indoors is even worse at my address - I've been with them since 2001 when it was one2one and its been getting progressively worse year on year even though they now have a mast not even a quarter mile from my address.
I find Three signal is decent but the 4G speed is so slow. On the other hand, I get 4G+ signal with BT (EE) and it's really fast.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants