Groups

EE Upgrades Is this any good?

Phoned EE.
    Am at end of 24 month contract.
    Was offered S7 Edge any colour, £29 upfront,
    unlimited texts and minutes including EU. 10GB of data per month including EU and double speed for £35.99 per month.
    New 24 month contract.

EE is my preferred provider as I have excellent coverage at home/work. Is there anything better on EE. Thanks for any help.

13 Comments

I'd say not, I got the s7 on release day for less than that, given its 6 months later surely it should be better than that? Note, I'm not following current prices as I haven't looked just comparing to what I paid as a pre order.

Original Poster

westy125

I'd say not, I got the s7 on release day for less than that, given its … I'd say not, I got the s7 on release day for less than that, given its 6 months later surely it should be better than that? Note, I'm not following current prices as I haven't looked just comparing to what I paid as a pre order.

​Thanks for that. Was that with EE?

westy125

I'd say not, I got the s7 on release day for less than that, given its … I'd say not, I got the s7 on release day for less than that, given its 6 months later surely it should be better than that? Note, I'm not following current prices as I haven't looked just comparing to what I paid as a pre order.

​with 10GB of data and only £30 upfront?

i find that hard to believe

FYI i got the same tariff with vodafone including an entertainment package for £37 a month zero upfront just for comparison

Original Poster

adamspencer95

​with 10GB of data and only £30 upfront?i find that hard to believeFYI i g … ​with 10GB of data and only £30 upfront?i find that hard to believeFYI i got the same tariff with vodafone including an entertainment package for £37 a month zero upfront just for comparison

I thought about Vodafone but signal not good round here. I'm not sure if I get any packages with EE, such as Apple Music or entertainment pass

I would say it is a good deal. Check comparison sites and see if you can get better. Going with EE direct on Android will mean that they will enable Wi-Fi calling which will make calks even better from home.

Try asking them to give the handset free.

Did you get this as a retention deal? If not you could try and sqeeeze them a bit more.

no point getting 10gb data if you won't use it. only you will know if you will use it or not. I took out a tablet last year with 10gb data and never used it.

Original Poster

sydney871

I would say it is a good deal. Check comparison sites and see if you can … I would say it is a good deal. Check comparison sites and see if you can get better. Going with EE direct on Android will mean that they will enable Wi-Fi calling which will make calks even better from home. Try asking them to give the handset free. Did you get this as a retention deal? If not you could try and sqeeeze them a bit more.

I tried getting the handset for nothing but they wanted £50 a month, so I thought it was worth the £29 upfront. I think this also qualifies for 6 months Apple Music, 6 months BT Sport and I can apply for the Samsung Free VR offer as well apparently.

Vodafone were doing 12gb for less than £30 a few weeks ago via comparison site. Not bad for EE tho as I think there pretty minty. BT might be worth a punt as they have took over EE

Original Poster

mmurdoch

Vodafone were doing 12gb for less than £30 a few weeks ago via comparison … Vodafone were doing 12gb for less than £30 a few weeks ago via comparison site. Not bad for EE tho as I think there pretty minty. BT might be worth a punt as they have took over EE

I need the EE carrier. I did say that I was going to BT. As soon as I said that, they offered the 10GB data.

So total contract cost over 2yrs is £893.75

Just check the sim free cost of the handset and add on a monthly sim only with the same data/txt/calls allowance...

If the contract is cheaper then it's a good deal (_;)

Going to request pac code today from EE see what happens

Original Poster

mmurdoch

Going to request pac code today from EE see what happens

​Any update. How did get on with retentions??????

Not had time yet going to jump on it tomoz
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Battery drain on iOS 111112
      2. Extractor fan blown? (excuse the pun)11
      3. Biscuit addiction1954
      4. Type 11, 21 or 22 Radiators?11

See more discussions