EE Vs BT Mobile... Help!

Found 29th Aug 2017Edited by:"TheEnglish909"
Hi Everyone,

I'm in a bit of a pickle. My credit rating is poor and I'm currently with BT mobile and I get 20GB, unlimited texts and calls for £16 per month on a SIM ONLY deal (I've been told I can cancel my contract at any time by the CEO complaints team due to a recent issue. I do like BT Mobile but they can't put my data up any higher than 20GB and currently the 20GB is not enough I need 25GB+ per month ideally unlimited.

My current I Phone 6 is locked to EE/BT etc, BT have stated on my account it shows I can receive a new phone if I wanted too which which with a poor credit history is really good so I was thinking about waiting for the new I Phone 8 to come out on September 12th.

Today I did some research I blagged a deal with EE for 25GB data, unlimited texts/calls on a Sim Only deal via live chat at £20 a month....

Any advice would be great or other deals you have come across. Thanks.

P.S Also if I did go with the new EE deal I get cashback from Quidco £35 but the chances of me getting a new I Phone 8 in septemeber with EE is extremely low.

2776881.jpg2776881.jpg
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
Hi, have you looked at Three? £18 for 30GB / Unlimited calls & Texts. three.co.uk/Sto…nes Obviously you'd need to get the phone unlocked, but it is cheaper and has more data than what you're asking for.
Are you sure you'd be able to get a new phone and pay the SIM only price? It's more likely that you'll be offered a new phone to enter a new contract at a higher price. I don't think you're going to get an iPhone 8 at £16 a month.
Original Poster
OK.

So after some advice, I've taking the risk and paid £9.00 on Ebay to get my phone unlocked (fingers crossed it works) then I'm going to go for the 'All you can eat data' 1 monthly sim only deal with unlimited texts/calls/data for £33 a month, after a month or two I will call and make some excuses as to why I want to walk away from the network in the hope they reduce the cost to say £20 a month or less. Been verbally told by a few friends it worked for them, with a few of them getting unlimited everything for £15 a month on a 12 month contract. Rumours have it the I Phone will be similar to previous mobiles so I might just keep my I Phone 6 for now.
BT own EE so they must use the same circuits and everything that goes with it.

The mind boggles how you mange to use 25gb of data every month....
Original Poster
Bigfootpete1 h, 12 m ago

BT own EE so they must use the same circuits and everything that goes with …BT own EE so they must use the same circuits and everything that goes with it.The mind boggles how you mange to use 25gb of data every month....

Periscope! A great way to earn cash :-)
If youve got bad credit history your more likely to get a Sim only contract over a Phone Contract.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions