Groups

EEEEEKKKKKKK!!!!!!!

I have just bid on some tickets without looking at the seller.....Just realised s/he has NO previous feedback at all....I have won the auction for some tickets on the 8th of December....Now I feel like an idiot as if I pay it then by the time it comes to getting the tickets I wont have any security, as the money was sent so long ago.

Please someone suggest something....I really am going mental here!!!

Thanks

22 Comments

dont pay, if you get a neg just swallow it better then losing your cash

Ebay?

You can reverse your bid.

you have no legal requirement to pay worse youl get is a neg feedback

ilovepink;5262620

dont pay, if you get a neg just swallow it better then losing your cash

email and kid on it was your daughter?? - apologise :thumbsup:

sellers cant give negs now - ??

Original Poster

I will happily pay for the item if I knew I was going to actually get the tickets. I have sent an email to Ebay asking them, and if not I will have to get the unpaid item strike....I am such an idiot!!!

I would email customer services-in many cases with michael jackson tickets they are not allowing payments to be made to sellers until you are within the protection period(45 days?) I assume this is now for all tickets.

after all seller is advertising something they dont actually have.

I definitely wouldn't pay. the seller has plenty of time to relist. I would send an email and blag you made a mistake with dates or something and offer to pay a quid or 2 for their trouble, although you don't really need to as they can get the fee's back.

Original Poster

ChipSticks;5262667

I definitely wouldn't pay. the seller has plenty of time to relist. I … I definitely wouldn't pay. the seller has plenty of time to relist. I would send an email and blag you made a mistake with dates or something and offer to pay a quid or 2 for their trouble, although you don't really need to as they can get the fee's back.

OK its just they are a bargain.....grrrrr I hate that ebay lets people sell tickets months before they even get them

lil_tiger;5262734

OK its just they are a bargain.....grrrrr I hate that ebay lets people … OK its just they are a bargain.....grrrrr I hate that ebay lets people sell tickets months before they even get them

They were probably a bargain because people steered clear of the seller... and will they seem such a bargain if you lose your money?

I'd rather pay a bit more and get them from an established seller when it comes to tickets.

Original Poster

barky;5262662

I would email customer services-in many cases with michael jackson … I would email customer services-in many cases with michael jackson tickets they are not allowing payments to be made to sellers until you are within the protection period(45 days?) I assume this is now for all tickets.after all seller is advertising something they dont actually have.

I have emailed them, also emailed the seller to let them know how wary I am, however they wrote in the listing they want payment to cover a credit card. They requested payment via BT but im not going to do that.....hopefully ebay will come up with some way of sorting everything....although im expecting the 'everyone starts with 0 feedback and you committed yourself to the auction therefore you should pay within the 7 day period' :x

Original Poster

Jumpingphil;5262811

How are people going to get established on e-bay if no-one ever trusts … How are people going to get established on e-bay if no-one ever trusts them?Why not do as you are supposed to do on here.Get an address and a landline number.Give them a call and talk to them.

yeah I understand that, but If I was him I would also appreciate the risk any buyer was taking. Perhaps he will suggest some form of part payment....Its just the listing looks very odd. Its all my fault, I should have checked, but I only saw it with a minute to go so I jumped in only checking the 'important' info.

I should have looked. Hopefully this person may restore my faith in new eBayers...Im just doubtful.

Jumpingphil;5262811

How are people going to get established on e-bay if no-one ever trusts … How are people going to get established on e-bay if no-one ever trusts them?

I'm sorry but you don't get established jumping in with a high risk high priced item for your first sale, lol.

OP is right to be VERY wary, even more so as seller is asking for BT, sod that, I wouldn't even entertain trying to sort it out, I'd say bye bye and look elsewhere.

Original Poster

ChipSticks;5262913

I'm sorry but you don't get established jumping in with a high risk high … I'm sorry but you don't get established jumping in with a high risk high priced item for your first sale, lol.OP is right to be VERY wary, even more so as seller is asking for BT, sod that, I wouldn't even entertain trying to sort it out, I'd say bye bye and look elsewhere.

I would....but I know its my fault, if I had checked I would not have made a bid. However, regardless of my contribution, if there is nothing done to protect me I am not willing to pay. Taking the time to look at the listing now, I have just realised the seller describes the tickets repeatedly as a pair (that I thought they were) however in number of tickets he has put 1, simple mistake I guess but its all adding up!.....Its just getting worse :cry:

lil_tiger;5262974

I would....but I know its my fault, if I had checked I would not have … I would....but I know its my fault, if I had checked I would not have made a bid. However, regardless of the contribution, if there is nothing done to protect me I am not willing to pay. Taking the time to look at the listing now, I have just realised the seller describes the tickets repeatedly as a pair (that I thought they were) however in number of tickets he has put 1, somple mistake I guess but its all adding up!.....Its just getting worse :cry:

It is your fault, but that doesn't mean you deserve to possibly be ripped off. You made a genuine mistake, but like I said in one of my earlier posts, the seller has lot's of time to relist them, and maybe it would be nice to offer a couple of quid for fee's, even though they can claim those back.

Original Poster

yeah...I guess I need to calm down and wait for either the seller or ebay to get back to me. Even the worst case scenario, its only £51, wouldnt be the end of the world I guess...:?

Is it completely impossible to get money back a few months after the auction/payment date? I had these tickets to another show (same artist) and they were posted out a good few weeks in advance...still ages away though...:?

I thought that eBay didn't allow people to sell tickets that they don't have in their possession yet?

If that's the case then you can get the listing cancelled - can anyone verify?

Original Poster

Jumpingphil;5263136

When I posted my comment, I wasn't aware the seller wanted paying by BT.I … When I posted my comment, I wasn't aware the seller wanted paying by BT.I also don't remember reading anywhere where it says they are high priced. :thumbsup:OP, What is the item number then of these tickets.

its these 180358704848

Original Poster

I have emailed him, thought that was less intrusive than calling him. Im not sure if he is aware of the new paypal thing that funds dont become available until 21 days after the transaction or something....so i would guess he isnt going to be happy to begin with.
    really? you think thats honest? seems very dodgy to me....i really hope he isnt though...it would be a fab deal!

im not a big ebayer but it looks a bit fishy to me...naming himself as 'benny_tickets' and saying ...best priced tickets on ebay in the sub title bit thingy. looks like he defo knows his way around the site even though he's never bought or sold on there before

Original Poster

not too sure if anyone will read this...but in the end I asked to check his usernames on amazon...turned out he gave me a false name!!!! So I replied to him, informing him I knew he was lying and he has deleted his eBay account.....glad I didnt pay him

Original Poster

Jumpingphil;5315700

Have you had a look … Have you had a look here?]http://www.hotukdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=327549Might be of use to you.

Thanks, I have had a look but no tickets are available....I hope so much she releases more tour dates....If not then ill be paying a rediculous amount in autumn off ebay :x
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846200
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764296
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?31153
      4. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio914

See more discussions