Effective (and not too costly) cat flea treatment?

Posted 24th Feb
What do you do for your cat's flea and what's more effective tablet or the liquid drops.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

11 Comments
Advantage ranges are brilliant, same ingredients as vets. But a third of the price,
I buy mine from petfleas.co.uk. Free delivery too. Best stuff I’ve used. Don’t use Bob Martin products, it’s killed some pets.
Does your vet offer a pet plan? With the local vets we have if you add up worming tablets, flea treatment, annual vaccination etc it works out about the same money.

In regards to your actual question, we've always uses drops but don't think there is much difference
vets4pets.com/pet…re/

This above is what I have for my cat this includes the flea treatment all year round and annual injection and health check etc further details are in the link given.
Butterfly1824/02/2020 19:50

https://www.vets4pets.com/pet-health-plans/complete-care/This above is …https://www.vets4pets.com/pet-health-plans/complete-care/This above is what I have for my cat this includes the flea treatment all year round and annual injection and health check etc further details are in the link given.

I've driven past our local vets4pets so many times and never thought about looking at them, £10pm for a cat is excellent,ill definitely look in to this for next year as I've got worming and flea treatment for a year as he's just her his annual check up and vaccination.
Try rummaging around in your local Aldi's clearance section. Pet products are often featured and regularly reduced.
I would ask your local vet first & get them there. Then you can purchase anymore online.
We have 5 cats & our vet said what the previously supplied was no longer effective in the area so changed the brand to one with a different chemical makeup.
Apparently fleas build up resistance.
Willy_Wonka24/02/2020 21:20

I would ask your local vet first & get them there. Then you can purchase …I would ask your local vet first & get them there. Then you can purchase anymore online. We have 5 cats & our vet said what the previously supplied was no longer effective in the area so changed the brand to one with a different chemical makeup. Apparently fleas build up resistance.

Yes, Frontline/Plus used to be good but sadly fleas are now immune to it.

Advocate is same as Advantage but also kills other parasites like worms etc..
Permaguard flea spray for the house is what our vet recommended as apparently fleas don't live on the animal most of the time and this also kills the larvae and eggs in carpets etc.
Used to use frontline but did absolutely nothing. Now use Advantage and works brilliant and available without prescription (unlike advocate which is same but also kills some types of worm, ear mites and ticks). Also, drontil have released a spot on wormer called Dronspot, available without prescription which has the same ingredients as profender, which is prescription only.
Advantage is around £14 for four pipettes, not just one dose. And I buy drontol worming tablets only. Works out more cost effective
dorey6925/02/2020 16:31

Advantage is around £14 for four pipettes, not just one dose. And I buy …Advantage is around £14 for four pipettes, not just one dose. And I buy drontol worming tablets only. Works out more cost effective

Where do you get it from?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants