Eglobal

Found 18th Feb
Hello all
Anyone had any deals from eglobal central? I've seen some really good phone deals on there but would like to know people's experiences if they have any
Cheers
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
Had a phone from them before, they are usually grey imports, so carry no UK warranty. Bit worked ok.
Depends on how good you’re phone deal is. Is the deal worth having no warranty and what if you have to send a faulty item all the way back to China. I was going to buy a phantom drone from them as they were cheaper but then decided if I was in doubt it’s not worth all the hassle.
Edited by: "jayonline85" 18th Feb
Original Poster
There's a HTC U ultra on there for just over 2 ton. A lot of phone for that price, that's the most tempting. Plus the Xiaomi mi A1 for 157.
Golden rule with EGC (and any other foreign and some domestic merchants): if an item is over £100, pay the merchant directly via credit card to benefit from UK enforceable S75 protection where the credit card co legally assumes the delivery, warranty and any other obligation offered by the original merchant. In EGC case for phone deals, S75 would mean the UK-based credit card co has a duty to service the 12m merchant warranty (not the manufacturer warranty, but the credit card co may go that route if you claimed).
I have bought a few £300+ items from EGC and all arrived within a week from China with no customs fees as EGC sorts any import obligations within the listed price which is the "price delivered to your door". No issues for me with any EGC purchase.
If I could not pay EGC (or other foreign merchant) directly via credit card and so not qulaify for S75, I may hesitate. Some easy-read S75 interpretation here:
moneysavingexpert.com/sho…ses
Original Poster
AndyRoyd19th Feb

Golden rule with EGC (and any other foreign and some domestic merchants): …Golden rule with EGC (and any other foreign and some domestic merchants): if an item is over £100, pay the merchant directly via credit card to benefit from UK enforceable S75 protection where the credit card co legally assumes the delivery, warranty and any other obligation offered by the original merchant. In EGC case for phone deals, S75 would mean the UK-based credit card co has a duty to service the 12m merchant warranty (not the manufacturer warranty, but the credit card co may go that route if you claimed).I have bought a few £300+ items from EGC and all arrived within a week from China with no customs fees as EGC sorts any import obligations within the listed price which is the "price delivered to your door". No issues for me with any EGC purchase. If I could not pay EGC (or other foreign merchant) directly via credit card and so not qulaify for S75, I may hesitate. Some easy-read S75 interpretation here:http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/section75-protect-your-purchases

Nice one. So I'm not covering under S75 with a visa debit? Best get my CC bill down a bit.
David_Southall15 m ago

Nice one. So I'm not covering under S75 with a visa debit? Best get my CC …Nice one. So I'm not covering under S75 with a visa debit? Best get my CC bill down a bit.

Afraid not; S75 covers any item(s) individually over £100 paid directly to merchant via credit card. Debit cards do not qualify.
I purchased AirPods from EGC 6 days ago and they’re here already. Not bad considering in those 6 days there have been two bank holidays!!
ec9wrr4th Apr

I purchased AirPods from EGC 6 days ago and they’re here already. Not bad c …I purchased AirPods from EGC 6 days ago and they’re here already. Not bad considering in those 6 days there have been two bank holidays!!

They're here, but they're faulty. The left one doesn't hold charge. Have tried resetting. Hasn't fixed it. Have filled in form on Eglobal for refund. Ordered new pair from UK based retailer. I would give Eglobal another chance on future items, but don't want to wait a week for the replacements to be delivered.
So you have to return faulty items to HK. They don’t refund return postage. I’ve put a paypal claim in and contacted my credit card company.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions