eGlobal central, any good?

Posted 29th Apr 2019
Looking at getting a phone from these guys, any experience of them at all please?
Community Updates
Ask
24 Comments
No. You'll likely just wait a long time and then need to do a chargeback because they take the money and deliver 50% of the time.
There’s been a lot of this type of question, and roughly the same response. 50% have a good experience and 50% wait, nothing is received and then have to wait for a refund.
Personally I would buy a low ticket item, but for anything else I would rather pay a bit extra and buy from a UK reputable supplier and get a guarantee/warranty.
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 29th Apr 2019
I bought for xsmas a phone which are designed for non uk market
Cue all the "incentivised " members who will say :- "Bought hundreds of items from EGlobal Central , spent thousands of pounds -never had a problem " - As per the script they are given to say to "earn their incentives " .

Hope they are better at paying out their incentives than they are at delivering items ordered and paid for .
Edited by: "rogparki" 29th Apr 2019
Spent £1500 with them on two orders this year. No issues. One order placed Sunday, arrived 6days later Sat. One placed Mon, arrived week Wed. No additional import fees to pay as these are sorted by the merchant prior to the order hitting customer's doorstep. Only ever buy items more than £100 and only ever pay directly by credit card for replicated merchant warranty serviced in UK and full UK consumer protection (Consumer Contract Regs 2013 etc). "Eglobalcentral London" (or similar) appears on credit card statement. I don't bother with postal insurance when paying by credit card; no need.
As prev mentioned: some peeps on this forum do not like this merchant, probably due to likely non-existent CS, hence best to spend more than £100 per item and pay directly by credit card. Do not expect UK levels of CS nor UK consumer protection if paying less than £100 per item and/or not paying directly by credit card.
Bought a couple of phones from them in the past that turned up fine. One showed up in just over a week and the other in a few days, also have another on it's way now.

Can be a bit nervy with how many complaints there seems to be of them and the orders usually sitting on 'processing' for ages but so far so good.
Got my iPad from eglobal last year. No problems what so ever. I also decided to save a bit more and go for non insured delivery. My order arrived within 7 working days. Only issue was the plug the iPad came with. It was a AUS plug but this was easily fixed with an adapter.

Overall saving was good and I wouldn’t hesitate to order from them again. Just use your credit card for extra peace of mind.
Edited by: "Tino_G" 29th Apr 2019
OK thanks all. Will have a think. £20 saving is £20
BillDoor7 m ago

No issues with eglobal personally, my stuff always arrived and pretty fast.

I wouldn't bother for a £20 saving though. Not worth the hassle should you have delivery issues or problems later down the road that need a warranty fix...
Never had a problem with them and neither has my Son, we've both saved a fortune on Phones. cameras and lenses . Just don't expect Amazon delivery or any sort of communication for a few days then your good just rock up via whoever they can get to courier them.. Don't bother with the insured delivery , just pay with Paypal . Or of course you can choose to use some other company and pay £100's of pounds more for the same thing but have peace of mind and nice emails saying your goods have been dispatched etc.
However I'm guessing we are all on this site because we want to save money or are tight wads
BillDoor26 m ago

If it's a saving of £20 against a credible UK-based professional merchant I wouldn't bother with EGC, unless the UK merchant didn't accept direct credit card payment then I'd be back to EGC.
villan5729/04/2019 21:09

...Don't bother with the insured delivery , just pay with Paypal...

Paypal for each item under £100 is OK, but if an item is over £100 the more comprehensive and beneficial UK-based consumer protection offered by direct credit card payment will outweigh Paypal's whateverPayPalfeelslike 180days' protection.
I'm another that had no issue, i purchased using a cc knowing i had some protection if it never arrived and i only weng for it as saved over £100 at the time. Phone arrived within 6 days and I've not had a need to ever use their customer services
AndyRoyd29/04/2019 18:57

Spent £1500 with them on two orders this year. No issues. One order placed …Spent £1500 with them on two orders this year. No issues. One order placed Sunday, arrived 6days later Sat. One placed Mon, arrived week Wed. No additional import fees to pay as these are sorted by the merchant prior to the order hitting customer's doorstep. Only ever buy items more than £100 and only ever pay directly by credit card for replicated merchant warranty serviced in UK and full UK consumer protection (Consumer Contract Regs 2013 etc). "Eglobalcentral London" (or similar) appears on credit card statement. I don't bother with postal insurance when paying by credit card; no need. As prev mentioned: some peeps on this forum do not like this merchant, probably due to likely non-existent CS, hence best to spend more than £100 per item and pay directly by credit card. Do not expect UK levels of CS nor UK consumer protection if paying less than £100 per item and/or not paying directly by credit card.

Or you could just buy elsewhere with a lot less risk.
deleted1204383
Great for tax dodgers.
Used them for first time recently to purchase redmi note 7, had emails and tracking info within a few hours, arrived 4 days later, the parcel was left on the doorstep, no signature req, luckily I saw it before the local scally. ..apart from that, it's all been fine..paid with PayPal just in case.....
davewave29/04/2019 22:49

Or you could just buy elsewhere with a lot less risk.

Over £100 purchase paid directly by credit card means the risk is same as buying from any other UK-based company, although there is less legal protection if buying from your local Argos store. Some peeps don't appreciate this.
There are countless threads about these Chinese companies.

The usual response is that they have poor customer service so expect nothing if there is an issue.
Usually things go smoothly. If you pay with a credit card (over £100 only) or paypal you're covered in case of a non delivery etc.
With debit cards you can always do a chargeback.

Eglobal don't have the problem of custom charges as they pre-import the items so you're not going to pay anything extra (it's all detailed in their terms and conditions).

Basically the main problem is the CS. Also the warranty is with them and you'd have to send the item back to them and hope for the best.
AndyRoyd2 h, 47 m ago

Over £100 purchase paid directly by credit card means the risk is same as …Over £100 purchase paid directly by credit card means the risk is same as buying from any other UK-based company, although there is less legal protection if buying from your local Argos store. Some peeps don't appreciate this.

Although the frequency of issues with eglobal actually increases the risk it will result in a chargeback...

Argos have excellent customer service...missing orders must be one in a million for Argos,
about one in two for eglobal therefore higher risk.
AndyRoyd10 h, 16 m ago

Paypal for each item under £100 is OK, but if an item is over £100 the m …Paypal for each item under £100 is OK, but if an item is over £100 the more comprehensive and beneficial UK-based consumer protection offered by direct credit card payment will outweigh Paypal's whateverPayPalfeelslike 180days' protection.

Probably right but I don't have a credit card , anyway Eglobal have never let me down .
hearts2230/04/2019 03:42

...also the warranty is with them and you'd have to send the item back to …...also the warranty is with them and you'd have to send the item back to them and hope for the best.

The 12 or 24months warranty is actually UK-based if the item purchased cost over £100 and was paid directly to EGC by credit card.
Alternatively all other purchases have warranty serviced via return to a UK intermediary.
Looks like you should add another couple of days onto delivery times at the moment:

"Please note that we will be having a public holiday on 01May. Any order placed on 30th Apr shall only be processed and/or dispatched on/after 2nd May. Customer Services Centre will also be closed on at the same time."

My current order finally changed to "packing & delivering soon" last night so hopefully it gets sent out before tomorrow :/
AndyRoyd30/04/2019 10:09

The 12 or 24months warranty is actually UK-based if the item purchased …The 12 or 24months warranty is actually UK-based if the item purchased cost over £100 and was paid directly to EGC by credit card. Alternatively all other purchases have warranty serviced via return to a UK intermediary.

Yes, you're correct but that's not provided by the merchant as it would be in the UK and it's only valid if you use a CC. I was talking about the standard warranty everyone expects when buying something.

Ok, I didn't know they have changed it to UK intermediary.
Nice to know.

I only said anyway it has to go back to them (or whoever they appoint) and good luck with that as you have to contact them first .
They weren't very quick to repair my sister's LV10 when it needed a repair. Still have it broken to this day as they never replied to our messages.
I even tried LG Taiwan, as the phone was a Taiwanese model, (my sister doesn't speak English well so I did all the messaging for her) and they replied in broken English that I needed to find someone in Taiwan to have it sent back as they don't send stuff outside of the country once it's repaired.
Should have paid for it myself with a CC instead of her paying for it.
Edited by: "hearts22" 2nd May 2019
hearts221 h, 9 m ago

...I was talking about the standard warranty everyone expects when buying …...I was talking about the standard warranty everyone expects when buying something....

We agree, but there are additional warranty benefits via EGC that are not available via "the standard warranty everyone expects when buying something". When purchasing from a UK-based merchant the warranty / guarantee / consumer obligations is typically 6months before the consumer has the hassle of proving either the issue was present from day one or the item has an unacceptable inherent/design issue (Consumer Rights Act 2015). There may be an additional manufacturer warranty available but that is voluntary and not legally enforceable, especially if the manufacturer disagrees with the consumer's fault claim. Not so with EGC where the warranty is clearly stated to be 12m or 24m depending on the item. This warranty is replicated in UK and serviced in UK if the individual item purchased is over £100 paid directly to EGC via credit card. This warranty requires zero contact with EGC. If preferred, the consumer can choose to apply the UK regs to an EGC purchase over £100 paid directly by cc but it is not clear why the consumer would choose that lesser route.
Summary: the consumer has greater and longer warranty options serviced in UK when purchasing a £100+ item from EGC and paying directly by credit card with zero requirement to ever contact or even attempt to contact EGC to have the warranty serviced.
My personal preference with EGC is not to buy any item under £100 and not to use any payment method other than direct credit card payment. If I did not have a credit card available I simply would not buy from EGC.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants