Eglobalcentral.

LocalFound 25th Jun 2017
Would you buy a new Galaxy Note 5 from Eglobal? I don't want any secondhand American tat from Ebay.
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
If paying EGC directly by credit card to benefit from UK-enforced S75 protection: yes (and same answer to any other single item costing £100+ shifted by EGC). Once the CC payment is made, there is no need to have anything more to do with EGC: all fulfillment and warranty obligations are assumed by the UK credit card company.
There's thoughts on the company in this post hotukdeals.com/dea…060
If that's any use to you.
No , they are Chinese ,aren't they ?
Original Poster
I've ordered. Cheers for the advice.,especially Andy Royd
AndyRoyd

If paying EGC directly by credit card to benefit from UK-enforced S75 … If paying EGC directly by credit card to benefit from UK-enforced S75 protection: yes (and same answer to any other single item costing £100+ shifted by EGC). Once the CC payment is made, there is no need to have anything more to do with EGC: all fulfillment and warranty obligations are assumed by the UK credit card company.

Warranty will be valid in hk with the company, but in the UK Samsung won't touch it under warranty, you'd have to ship it back and forth to for warranty cover.
dancedar

Warranty will be valid in hk with the company, but in the UK Samsung … Warranty will be valid in hk with the company, but in the UK Samsung won't touch it under warranty, you'd have to ship it back and forth to for warranty cover.

No. If this item over £100 has been puchased directly from merchant using UK credit card via unquestionable debtor-creditor-supplier arrangement, the UK credit card company assumes all warranty obligations as if it were the merchant. If the buyer needs to make a warranty claim, it contacts the UK credit card company, and in my experience of S75 warranty claims, after some initial "scratch head, what do we do here" maneuvering by CC co, the CC co just issues a full refund. Some CC companies may insist the device is sent to them or some other organisation. Doesn't matter, the CC co has legally assumed responsibility to service the warranty claim whether it likes it or not. This has been debated to death over the years on HUKD.
dancedar

Warranty will be valid in hk with the company, but in the UK Samsung … Warranty will be valid in hk with the company, but in the UK Samsung won't touch it under warranty, you'd have to ship it back and forth to for warranty cover.

That's not how the protection works.
Just get ao to price match and buy through them
victoriae78

Just get ao to price match and buy through them

Not possible. EGC is based in Hong Kong. AO states "We only price match against retailers based in the United Kingdom." ao.com/hel…ise
eslick

​the website I have seen is a UK website. and ao have price matched for me twice
eslick

It is concerning warranties. You don't simply get a uk warranty on a grey market import, though it sounds like it.
victoriae78

the website I have seen is a UK website. and ao have price matched for me … the website I have seen is a UK website. and ao have price matched for me twice

Subject EGC is based in Hong Kong. If AO matched against that site in HK then well done (_;)
Original Poster
Phone arrived, sealed and no charges. took just over 6 days.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions