Eglobalcentral uk. - Cant believe this has happened

Posted 18th Nov
So a couple of months ago i ordered an ipad 2018 for 225 good price .
4 weeks later they said they could not source it and offered me a gold ipad or a refund. I was too late to get refund and a week later they said they have now got a silver one and sent me tracking info. 2 weeks ago still not arrived . They said that package is lost and sent me this email today.

Dear customer,

I have checked the status of your case and your parcel has been confirmed as lost by the logistics team.
Unfortunately I regret to inform you that the package was not insured so the maximum refund that I could provide you with is 10GBP.
This has been carried out already for you. We are deeply sorry about the situation caused.

Please view our shipping and insurance page for more information on the matter
Community Updates

Groups

Top comments
& that’s why you don’t buy from them.
I had a bad experience, would rather spend more and get it from the UK now.

Maybe HUKD admins can help? They seem to be promoting them a lot recently even with all the issues people are having.
Edited by: "Daaaavvveee" 18th Nov
Hey folks, just a quick update.

We've suspended eglobal from hotukdeals and our partnership team are trying to get in contact with them.

If we get a response, we'll update.

Thanks
If the message OP received is genuine (I'm not suggesting it isn't, I just mean if evidence is produced) then Eglobalcentral should be instantly banned from HUKD. Simple.
goonertillidie19/11/2019 12:20

Hey folks, just a quick update.We've suspended eglobal from hotukdeals and …Hey folks, just a quick update.We've suspended eglobal from hotukdeals and our partnership team are trying to get in contact with them.If we get a response, we'll update.Thanks

About time, I've been warning about this for years now but ignored by mods and owners, but still far too late for many. I hope gearbest, banggood, dealextreme and all the dodgy sellers who do not abide by UK consumer law will be kicked off too?

Always been a ridiculous decision that these sellers were allowed, yet a HK seller on amazon - even if the item was amazon fulfilled and therefore had UK consumer protection and the best CS around - was banned. Money talks I guess.

Cynic in me says eglobal will do a one off refund as their accountants have told them the loss of revenue from mugs on HUKD will be greater, and then they'll be welcomed back.
316 Comments
& that’s why you don’t buy from them.
I had a bad experience, would rather spend more and get it from the UK now.

Maybe HUKD admins can help? They seem to be promoting them a lot recently even with all the issues people are having.
Edited by: "Daaaavvveee" 18th Nov
I've not used them so I take their is no chance of a card refund via your bank?
I have always slated eglobal because their deliveries are always a lottery
Either a PayPal claim or a card chargeback if you didn't use PayPal?

Looks like they have provided you with evidence they lost the parcel before you received it...
Hey @Cardiffjohn361 We are reviewing this. Can you just confirm the shipping method you picked? I assume it was the free basic shipping service?
Hi guys , thanks for the replies , To be fair i have had 2 other good buys off them however this seems ludicrous.
it never even crossed my mind to take out insurance for a purchase . So yes I presume its the free basic service
lyesbkz18/11/2019 19:15

Either a PayPal claim or a card chargeback if you didn't use PayPal?Looks …Either a PayPal claim or a card chargeback if you didn't use PayPal?Looks like they have provided you with evidence they lost the parcel before you received it...

Don't card charge backs only apply to purchases under £100
magicjay198618/11/2019 19:23

Hey @Cardiffjohn361 We are reviewing this. Can you just confirm the …Hey @Cardiffjohn361 We are reviewing this. Can you just confirm the shipping method you picked? I assume it was the free basic shipping service?

Maybe include in the review:
It is common knowledge this merchant is foreign. It is commonly accepted that consumers should perform some due diligence when buying from any merchant, domestic or foreign. It is commonly accepted that it is unrealistic to expect UK levels of CS from foreign merchants. It is common knowledge that this lower level of CS is compensated by prices that are silly low often with no additional import fees - these are two reasons people actively choose to buy from this particular merchant. It is common knowledge that this merchant accepts direct payment by credit card which would qualify any £100+ item purchase for UK-based S75 protection, including if "free basic shipping service" was chosen (absolutely no need to insure an S75-qualifying delivery). So although it's a royal pain when any merchant becomes uncooperative, any S75 problematic purchase can benefit from real UK protection that can completely bypass any merchant attitude, regardless of where the merchant is located. If for some bizarre reason a customer chooses to fund the purchase by debit card (why?) rather than credit card the customer can contact the card issuer with view to chargeback.
If any potential customer fails to perform any due diligence and / or is not faimilar with S75 or chargeback, those potential customers may benefit from some brief explanation / random examples from Barclaycard:
barclaycard.co.uk/per…hts
How did you pay?.
This is the only company that I have had to ask my credit card company to step in and sort out.
Got a full refund.
The odds are with you if you deal with them but just be aware that it is a gamble and if it goes wrong be prepared for hassle.

Hey @Cardiffjohn361 We are reviewing this. Can you just confirm the …Hey @Cardiffjohn361 We are reviewing this. Can you just confirm the shipping method you picked? I assume it was the free basic shipping service?

Sorry to post off topic mj but I wasn't sure how else to contact you as you seem to be missing my PMs to you. Could you please check your PMs and reply when you get chance? Thank you.
Even for a diligent trader, the condition there could be quite harsh as trade may have plummeted by 40% in the last quarter.

Anyway, besides this, I have yet to buy a single item. The web site information gives me concern, concern = saving may not offset hassle even when averaged over £1000 of spend in a given period and allowing 10%~20% loss.

On the other hand, AliExpress is to be trusted with post sales moderation/arbitrate/complaint process.
Edited by: "splender" 18th Nov
I've used them a couple of times (after I started boycotting banggood for a similar kind of thing to this) and got my phones ok in the end, but when looking to make a purchase recently I had a gander at recent reviews online and noted an increase of people reporting the situation you're in atm so gave them a bodyswerve.... I actually suspect some couriers know the score with these parcels now and just mark them up as "lost/delivered" and pocket them... it was a nice run while it lasted and
a shame as I've had several mega bargains from chinese sellers in the past, but for me it's just too much risk/hassle now...

Hope you paid with credit card/paypal and get your money back ok (PayPal sided with me in the end but it was touch n go for a while with the seller lying through their teeth)...
Edited by: "the_adjudicator" 18th Nov
the_adjudicator18/11/2019 22:22

I've used them a couple of times (after I started boycotting banggood for …I've used them a couple of times (after I started boycotting banggood for a similar kind of thing to this) and got my phones ok in the end, but when looking to make a purchase recently I had a gander at recent reviews online and noted an increase of people reporting the situation you're in atm so gave them a bodyswerve.... I actually suspect some couriers know the score with these parcels now and just mark them up as "lost/delivered" and pocket them... it was a nice run while it lasted and a shame as I've had several mega bargains from chinese sellers in the past, but for me it's just too much risk/hassle now... Hope you paid with credit card/paypal and get your money back ok (PayPal sided with me in the end but it was touch n go for a while with the seller lying through their teeth)...

You saying the couriers here in UK, or the couriers over there at despatch ?
I am asking about the ones lost/delivered with parcel tracking information.
AndyRoyd18/11/2019 19:58

Maybe include in the review:It is common knowledge this merchant is …Maybe include in the review:It is common knowledge this merchant is foreign. It is commonly accepted that consumers should perform some due diligence when buying from any merchant, domestic or foreign. It is commonly accepted that it is unrealistic to expect UK levels of CS from foreign merchants. It is common knowledge that this lower level of CS is compensated by prices that are silly low often with no additional import fees - these are two reasons people actively choose to buy from this particular merchant. It is common knowledge that this merchant accepts direct payment by credit card which would qualify any £100+ item purchase for UK-based S75 protection, including if "free basic shipping service" was chosen (absolutely no need to insure an S75-qualifying delivery). So although it's a royal pain when any merchant becomes uncooperative, any S75 problematic purchase can benefit from real UK protection that can completely bypass any merchant attitude, regardless of where the merchant is located. If for some bizarre reason a customer chooses to fund the purchase by debit card (why?) rather than credit card the customer can contact the card issuer with view to chargeback. If any potential customer fails to perform any due diligence and / or is not faimilar with S75 or chargeback, those potential customers may benefit from some brief explanation / random examples from Barclaycard:https://www.barclaycard.co.uk/personal/help-and-support/know-your-rights

100% for us with AliExpress, even for dispute settlements.
Stupid question,obviously great if swiftly resolved, but why would HUKD review this?
Monaco.Blue19/11/2019 02:49

Stupid question,obviously great if swiftly resolved, but why would HUKD …Stupid question,obviously great if swiftly resolved, but why would HUKD review this?

If eGlobal fail to comply with UK consumer laws they risk being banned from HUKD.
Edited by: "SUMMONER" 19th Nov
SUMMONER19/11/2019 03:00

If eGlobal fail to comply with UK consumer laws they risk being banned …If eGlobal fail to comply with UK consumer laws they risk being banned from HUKD.

And then you woke up
chocci19/11/2019 04:37

And then you woke up

To a free iPad and freshly brewed Lunarian Bat dung coffee.
If the message OP received is genuine (I'm not suggesting it isn't, I just mean if evidence is produced) then Eglobalcentral should be instantly banned from HUKD. Simple.
deeky19/11/2019 08:44

If the message OP received is genuine (I'm not suggesting it isn't, I just …If the message OP received is genuine (I'm not suggesting it isn't, I just mean if evidence is produced) then Eglobalcentral should be instantly banned from HUKD. Simple.

Hopefully 'jay is working on that...

fanpages19/11/2019 08:46

Hopefully 'jay is working on that...

Hopefully he leaves himself a little free time to respond to my PMs
deeky19/11/2019 08:47

...and the "Contact (Us)" I submitted very early on Sunday morning after @magicjay1986 claimed recently that the turnaround time wasn't going to be more than ten years (like the last one I submitted).
But cheap
But I’vE nEvEr HaD aN iSsUe, LoOk At JoHn LeWiS oN tRuStPiLoT
I don’t why certain stuff even fulfilled by amazon isn’t allowed and yet we continue to see people out of pocket from promotion of these companies. At least with amazon (usually) there’s isn’t an issue with returns or when it goes wrong. Where as you don’t even need to go on trust pilot to find waves of customers told “you only get £10 refund” and you also have had users (in the past not sure of recent as I avoid looking just voting cold(y) ) comment to not get insurance to avoid customs.
Hey folks, just a quick update.

We've suspended eglobal from hotukdeals and our partnership team are trying to get in contact with them.

If we get a response, we'll update.

Thanks
goonertillidie19/11/2019 12:20

Hey folks, just a quick update.We've suspended eglobal from hotukdeals and …Hey folks, just a quick update.We've suspended eglobal from hotukdeals and our partnership team are trying to get in contact with them.If we get a response, we'll update.Thanks

About time, I've been warning about this for years now but ignored by mods and owners, but still far too late for many. I hope gearbest, banggood, dealextreme and all the dodgy sellers who do not abide by UK consumer law will be kicked off too?

Always been a ridiculous decision that these sellers were allowed, yet a HK seller on amazon - even if the item was amazon fulfilled and therefore had UK consumer protection and the best CS around - was banned. Money talks I guess.

Cynic in me says eglobal will do a one off refund as their accountants have told them the loss of revenue from mugs on HUKD will be greater, and then they'll be welcomed back.
jaydeeuk119/11/2019 12:33

About time, I've been warning about this for years now but ignored by mods …About time, I've been warning about this for years now but ignored by mods and owners, but still far too late for many. I hope gearbest, banggood, dealextreme and all the dodgy sellers who do not abide by UK consumer law will be kicked off too? Always been a ridiculous decision that these sellers were allowed, yet a HK seller on amazon - even if the item was amazon fulfilled and therefore had UK consumer protection and the best CS around - was banned. Money talks I guess.Cynic in me says eglobal will do a one off refund as their accountants have told them the loss of revenue from mugs on HUKD will be greater, and then they'll be welcomed back.

Nah, they’ll do it one by one nice and slowly. Can’t lose that sweet revenue when it’s “only a handful of issues”
deeky19/11/2019 08:47

You'll get a reply; don't worry.

fanpages19/11/2019 09:02

...and the "Contact (Us)" I submitted very early on Sunday morning after …...and the "Contact (Us)" I submitted very early on Sunday morning after @magicjay1986 claimed recently that the turnaround time wasn't going to be more than ten years (like the last one I submitted).

Your message received on 17th Nov at 1am was replied to on 18th Nov at 12:03pm.
I think that we are all still waiting to hear an answer from the OP on the very important question of how he paid for the item. @Cardiffjohn361 Did you pay by Paypal for this item, and if so have you started the process of making a claim with them?
fanpages19/11/2019 09:02

...and the "Contact (Us)" I submitted very early on Sunday morning after …...and the "Contact (Us)" I submitted very early on Sunday morning after @magicjay1986 claimed recently that the turnaround time wasn't going to be more than ten years (like the last one I submitted).

magicjay198619/11/2019 13:35

You'll get a reply; don't worry. Your message received on 17th Nov at 1am …You'll get a reply; don't worry. Your message received on 17th Nov at 1am was replied to on 18th Nov at 12:03pm.

Thanks. Did the person replying check the e-mail address? Please could you reply via "Private Message"?
Hi guys, blimey ive opened up a can of eglobal worms- Appreciate your input i can confirm
i paid by paypal and opened up a complaint - they haven’t heard back yet as it is only 24 hours.
i can’t believe eglobal are so thick - i have given them plenty of time and explained rationally
and calmly the consequences of their action.
the amount of revenue they are going to lose is eye watering (once ive completed my mission to get justice
for the Cardiff 1 )
this is just the start and of course i chose hotukdeals as you guys are the best.
ps thanks mods for suspending eglobal if you need the actual email chain or other paperwork incoices delivery reports Etc. Just ask regard# john
DanSpaghetti19/11/2019 12:37

Nah, they’ll do it one by one nice and slowly. Can’t lose that sweet rev …Nah, they’ll do it one by one nice and slowly. Can’t lose that sweet revenue when it’s “only a handful of issues”

To be fair if HUKD intervention resolves any issues of this nature it's good for all here. The powers that be will need to decide if it's worthwhile to continue allowing the Eglobalcentral deals to be posted here under those circumstances.
Edited by: "OllieSt" 19th Nov
Had exactly the same issues - no show of my item, no reply from customer services - had to request a refund via PayPal who did refund me BUT it is very stressful and I'd never use them despite their incredible headline offers
jaydeeuk119/11/2019 12:33

About time, I've been warning about this for years now but ignored by mods …About time, I've been warning about this for years now but ignored by mods and owners, but still far too late for many. I hope gearbest, banggood, dealextreme and all the dodgy sellers who do not abide by UK consumer law will be kicked off too? Always been a ridiculous decision that these sellers were allowed, yet a HK seller on amazon - even if the item was amazon fulfilled and therefore had UK consumer protection and the best CS around - was banned. Money talks I guess.Cynic in me says eglobal will do a one off refund as their accountants have told them the loss of revenue from mugs on HUKD will be greater, and then they'll be welcomed back.

Exactly. There's absolutely no need for them to be here (apart from the obvious reasons HUKD want them here) The 'savvy' shoppers who know how they work, along with the risks, can find their own deals on those sites.
Edited by: "deeky" 19th Nov
Before this thread we (the 3 of us reviewing this) were not aware that this was something that Eglobal did. We moved pretty quickly to suspend this merchant after we were able to establish the facts.

We can go back and forth with examples of arguments for and against this merchant being allowed on hotukdeals but they were added in the first place because members told us they wanted to see their deals on site. However, only offering someone a £10 refund is not acceptable. Of course members have options to claim back but that shouldn't be a get out for Eglobal to get away with doing what they've done here.

As @goonertillidie has said, our team will reach out to them and see if we can work something out.
Cardiffjohn36119/11/2019 16:30

Hi guys, blimey ive opened up a can of eglobal worms- Appreciate your …Hi guys, blimey ive opened up a can of eglobal worms- Appreciate your input i can confirmi paid by paypal and opened up a complaint - they haven’t heard back yet as it is only 24 hours.i can’t believe eglobal are so thick - i have given them plenty of time and explained rationally and calmly the consequences of their action. the amount of revenue they are going to lose is eye watering (once ive completed my mission to get justice for the Cardiff 1 ) this is just the start and of course i chose hotukdeals as you guys are the best.ps thanks mods for suspending eglobal if you need the actual email chain or other paperwork incoices delivery reports Etc. Just ask regard# john

Just a point of note: Calling them 'thick' is not going to help you, especially if the retailer is reading this thread.
This is why I always tick the Insurance option. But, can a retailer process a refund (£10 or not) without you even agreeing to it?

Dear customer,
I have checked the status of your case and your parcel has been confirmed as lost by the logistics team.
Unfortunately I regret to inform you that the package was not insured so the maximum refund that I could provide you with is 10GBP.
This has been carried out already for you.
We are deeply sorry about the situation caused.
Please view our shipping and insurance page for more information on the matter

Seems a bit, irregular, but I've never ordered from eGlobal. Only Ali, Gearbest and B**gg**d.
Edited by: "louiselouise" 19th Nov
the_adjudicator18/11/2019 22:22

I've used them a couple of times (after I started boycotting banggood for …I've used them a couple of times (after I started boycotting banggood for a similar kind of thing to this) and got my phones ok in the end, but when looking to make a purchase recently I had a gander at recent reviews online and noted an increase of people reporting the situation you're in atm so gave them a bodyswerve.... I actually suspect some couriers know the score with these parcels now and just mark them up as "lost/delivered" and pocket them... it was a nice run while it lasted and a shame as I've had several mega bargains from chinese sellers in the past, but for me it's just too much risk/hassle now... Hope you paid with credit card/paypal and get your money back ok (PayPal sided with me in the end but it was touch n go for a while with the seller lying through their teeth)...

Probably not news to anyone (I only order from China every blue moon) but it's not unknown for empty boxes to turn up. Whether during the process of dropshipping/relabelling, or elsewhere, who knows.

Some people recommend videoing yourself opening up the parcel (which isn't practical for most of us). I just do the "shuffle" (ie, shake the box vigorously when I take it off the postman), but that's hardly foolproof.
DanSpaghetti19/11/2019 11:02

At least with amazon (usually) there’s isn’t an Where as you don’t even nee …At least with amazon (usually) there’s isn’t an Where as you don’t even need to go on trust pilot to find waves of customers told “you only get £10 refund” and you also have had users (in the past not sure of recent as I avoid looking just voting cold(y) ) comment to not get insurance to avoid customs.

"Don't get insurance to avoid customs" ?!?! Wow, that's a new one.
The Trustpilot page is pretty damning. Just from the first page, reviews over the last four days, brings up these...!39034375-7UPcK.jpg39034375-QjaFR.jpg39034375-qAEMf.jpg39034375-vgRPH.jpg
louiselouise19/11/2019 19:51

Comment deleted

Lol. Why? What difference will purchasing the merchant's insurance make?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants