Egypt Holiday?

Posted 22nd Jan
What's everyones opinion on egypt?

We've been twice before and loved it but all our friends are saying we're stupid to book as it's so dangerous now and some holiday companies aren't even taking bookings right now.
We literally just want a cheap all inclusive hotel holiday. We don't want to leave the resort.

We have kids age 7 and 9
Thoughts?

The holidays are coming up half the price of everywhere else
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
What's everyone's opinion on Egypt?

It's hot, everyone rides a camel everywhere and they seem obsessed with burying people in Toblerone shaped buildings.
Weirdos
niconelove22/01/2020 18:43

No more.dangerous than anywhere else, plus with all the tourist police i …No more.dangerous than anywhere else, plus with all the tourist police i felt really safe

Well that's not quite true is it? I can think of lot's of nice places to holiday that don't require the presence of armed guards/police.
18 Comments
I personally wouldn’t go there but then again I lived in Tunisia for 10months back in 2011. The advice is also sketchy for travel to Egypt and tensions are rising

gov.uk/for…ypt
Go to Egypt it's a fantastic place , if you were to listen to foreign travel advice you wouldn't go anywhere
You could step outside your door tomorrow and get stabbed to death. I say go for it.
Edited by: "McShane1" 22nd Jan
Don’t listen to all the threats, you could die in an accident tomorrow for all you know. There will be armed officers near all tourist resorts anyway so you will be fine. I went a few years ago and I loved it and would love to go again
I would go there now they have increased security
I would suggest doing your own research first before deciding. Check the hotels reviews on TripAdvisor how did recent guests find their stay.

Posting here is a great start hopefully people who have travelled recently will be able to give you their opinion on how they found things.

Things can change quickly in certain countries so make sure you know what would happen if you had to do an emergency evacuation as occasionally all Brits are advised to leave certain countries at short notice.

I don't want to scare monger you from going I'm not sure what it's like out there at the moment just saying make sure you are well informed.
Getting on a plane over there is like playing Russian roulette!
What's everyone's opinion on Egypt?

It's hot, everyone rides a camel everywhere and they seem obsessed with burying people in Toblerone shaped buildings.
Weirdos
Some operators, Tui being one, have now started holidays/flights to Sharm, this place has been out of bounds for a long long time, so if they think it is now safe to resume going there ( which is in the north of Egypt ) nearest to where all the trouble has been, then I think that our Gov must consider it as safe as can be, because they banned flights their for ages. Like some comments have already said, you could walk out the door and get run over, so you pays your money you take your chances.
No more.dangerous than anywhere else, plus with all the tourist police i felt really safe
niconelove22/01/2020 18:43

No more.dangerous than anywhere else, plus with all the tourist police i …No more.dangerous than anywhere else, plus with all the tourist police i felt really safe

Well that's not quite true is it? I can think of lot's of nice places to holiday that don't require the presence of armed guards/police.
Most travel companies are still flying to Egypt but they take a different path and I think it’s two flights but you get there safe. My friends dad has home over there and travels couple of times a year. Not sure what travel companies though
I've been loads and will go again. But it's got to feel right in your own mind.
Azwipe22/01/2020 19:11

Well that's not quite true is it? I can think of lot's of nice …Well that's not quite true is it? I can think of lot's of nice places to holiday that don't require the presence of armed guards/police.

Skegness? someone told me the SAS have a base there to protect tourists.
I'm not saying it's true or false but someone told me.
Edited by: "joyf4536" 22nd Jan
I went last year and would go back again, We went to Hurgarda and did the trip to Cairo and the Pyramids.

We did the tour with Egypt excusions booked from the UK but they are based in Egypt.

Lots of soldiers around with guns but felt safe enough.
Hurgarda is fine and a lovely place. Sharm and other Northern areas are where the operators don't go to. You'll be fine. Just as likely to get stabbed in London these days if you watch the news
I was looking at going in December as we went every December for 6 years running until the plane got bombed.
And I was surprised on the silly expensive prices that TUI had .
£1200pp for 10 nights at the sensatori.
We paid £900 5 years ago for 14 nights .
I thought prices would be low .
We will stick with the December Caribbean Cruise 14 night P&O for £1300pp . That we have been doing the past 3 Decembers since we couldn't go to Sharm.
Edited by: "yozzman1234" 22nd Jan
It’s half price for a reason lol.... if the safety of your family is worth saving money go for it.
chances are you will be fine, if you go on % you will be fine..

plenty of of other places to goto... personally I wouldn’t but statistically you will be fine..
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants