Egypt Holiday tips needed

Found 5th Feb
Hi all

Any tips for Hurgarda and Cairo?.

I am off on a 10 day trip including a trip to Cairo by plane staying over 1 night. All paid for.

Whats the best way to get a bargain whilst there.

Wheres best to change up currency as I can't find anywhere that does Egyptian pounds.
Community Updates
AskTravel
12 Comments
£ or $ or € is excepted everywhere. You can get some Egyptian pounds while you're there from an atm with a revolut card or similar, if you really want but there's no need.
Edited by: "ScubaDudes" 5th Feb
Original Poster
What currancy gives the best value?.

I know its tat but I have to bring some bits back for the family
markvirgo13 m ago

What currancy gives the best value?.I know its tat but I have to bring …What currancy gives the best value?.I know its tat but I have to bring some bits back for the family

To be honest I can't remember. It was 3 years ago since we last went and at that time they valued gbp and euro the same. It's simplest to take a revolut card and gbp cash.
If your buying tat you still have to haggle even if its perfume or papyrus. I’ve been to Cairo twice and loved it both times it was summer (45 degrees) best rates on inter net try eurochange.co.uk
markvirgo9 m ago

Travelling in 2 days

You've left it late so you've restricted yourself.

Try this if you want Euros, Dollars or Egyptian Pounds.

33207274-Pl1Mc.jpg
Edited by: "OllieSt" 5th Feb
Original Poster
OllieSt8 m ago

You've left it late so you've restricted yourself. Try this if you want …You've left it late so you've restricted yourself. Try this if you want Euros, Dollars or Egyptian Pounds.[Image]

Hahaha I know I have. With work and being ill I haven't had a chance to do much
I’ve been twice, we always take US dollars. Enjoy your trip
Get some anti bac hand wash stuff and use it liberally after handling cash over there. You don't want the pharaohs revenge. But if you do, get yourself to a Egyptian chemist and they will sort you out.

Also avoid All inclusive buffets, especially if there are english kids around
Always change your money while there, brilliant exchange rate at moment, 25\1 when I went, most hotels will have a machine which changes it up, just put in your UK money and out pops Egyptian pound, always pay in local currency, works out so much cheaper
Original Poster
niconelove1 h, 28 m ago

Always change your money while there, brilliant exchange rate at moment, …Always change your money while there, brilliant exchange rate at moment, 25\1 when I went, most hotels will have a machine which changes it up, just put in your UK money and out pops Egyptian pound, always pay in local currency, works out so much cheaper

Great thanks
And don't forget your vaccinations. Disease is rife in Cairo

The CDC and WHO recommend the following vaccines for Egypt: typhoid, hepatitis A, hepatitis B, cholera, yellow fever, rabies, influenza.

As a bare minimum, get hepatitis A and Typhoid jabs

Your insurance won't pay out without them if you fall ill
Edited by: "chocci" 7th Feb
Original Poster
Well I had a great time in Egypt, a bit of the mummy tummy.

Buying stuff is rediculous, they take any money but no coins apart from the tips which they all expect. Prices are all over the place with no real clue to how much you should pay. You always feel like you are being conned.

I had no jabs and took hand cleaner which we used a lot.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants