Groups

egyptian money

i am off to egypt and am after some small notes and change can i ask for this on here or is it forbidden i could not find on the rules
    cheers
    stuart

let me edit this i was not after them for free i was willing to part money sorry my english gcse was rather poor at my school lol

22 Comments

Are you serious!

I am off to the good old British pub...anyone got any small GBP or coins spare? lol

Original Poster

why would i not be do u really think i am going to give a egyptian taxi driver a £50 for a £10 journey as that is all the currency places give u

looooooooooooooooooooooool best beggin thread yet !

get smaller notes at the travel agent or bank !!

Banned

queenlush;7655540

I am off to the good old British pub...anyone got any small GBP or coins … I am off to the good old British pub...anyone got any small GBP or coins spare? lol

Ok, seeing as it is you.

Send me your paypal id :thumbsup:

Original Poster

bossyboots;7655561

looooooooooooooooooooooool best beggin thread yet !get smaller notes at … looooooooooooooooooooooool best beggin thread yet !get smaller notes at the travel agent or bank !!

they dont they only deal in large sums of notes

I went to Egypt late last year, and the exchange rate is far better there, more EGP for your GBP, also you can get smaller notes. Coins are pretty rare though, you only really get them in the shops.

Where abouts are you going?

biglad19992000;7655579

they dont they only deal in large sums of notes

why dont u wait till u get to the airport and buy something there and u will get change - but am sure u will get change okay from ur taxi driver

bossyboots;7655561

looooooooooooooooooooooool best beggin thread yet !get smaller notes at … looooooooooooooooooooooool best beggin thread yet !get smaller notes at the travel agent or bank !!

Seriously, if you tried you'd know how much hassle it is. I went to the post office, banks, pretty much everywhere I could think of, lowest I got was a 50EGP note, total joke. Just changed some, and then the rest in Egypt where it is far less hassle.

MunkiMadz;7655585

I went to Egypt late last year, and the exchange rate is far better … I went to Egypt late last year, and the exchange rate is far better there, more EGP for your GBP, also you can get smaller notes. Coins are pretty rare though, you only really get them in the shops.Where abouts are you going?

I agree - we were there in October and were told to wait and change our money in Egypt

biglad19992000;7655542

why would i not be do u really think i am going to give a egyptian taxi … why would i not be do u really think i am going to give a egyptian taxi driver a £50 for a £10 journey as that is all the currency places give u

perhaps try and buy something at the airport when you land to break the note.

if the driver cant get change, insist for him to pull over at a service station so you could break the note...

Send me a tenner and I'll send you back some shrapnel.

DLM;7655578

Ok, seeing as it is you.Send me your paypal id :thumbsup:

I wish i was !!!I i'm going to see if there is a DVD i haven't watched and snuggle up in bed because i am freezing.

Original Poster

MunkiMadz;7655604

Seriously, if you tried you'd know how much hassle it is. I went to the … Seriously, if you tried you'd know how much hassle it is. I went to the post office, banks, pretty much everywhere I could think of, lowest I got was a 50EGP note, total joke. Just changed some, and then the rest in Egypt where it is far less hassle.

is it that easy to change english pound sterling over there i have heard mixed views on it.

Original Poster

kingy58;7655619

Send me a tenner and I'll send you back some shrapnel.

lol

Banned

queenlush;7655631

I wish i was !!!I i'm going to see if there is a DVD i haven't watched … I wish i was !!!I i'm going to see if there is a DVD i haven't watched and snuggle up in bed because i am freezing.

It is cold this evening.

Yeah it's easy to change money over there, I went to Luxor and went to both Bank Of Luxor (I think, or bank of egypt, can't remember) and HSBC and never had a problem - apart from the take a ticket and wait system, which seems to be only a tourist thing!

You get more for your money. Also if you pick up your visa stamp from the airport when you arrive then that is a good way to break a note, I cant remember how much in EGP it was though, not much, think from a 50 we got 40+ back

Banned

`you cant cash a giro sittin in a bar in cairo`

- name that song !

Invest your cash in a money pyramid :thumbsup:

Egyptian money absolutely stinks. No offence to the people of egypt but when you get a fistfull of their notes you'll see what i mean.

Syzable;7656030

Egyptian money absolutely stinks. No offence to the people of egypt but … Egyptian money absolutely stinks. No offence to the people of egypt but when you get a fistfull of their notes you'll see what i mean.

That's why they suggest people to take that hand gel stuff to kill all the bacteria.

Nigerian bank of monies can do this for you..
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767311
      2. word survey1014
      3. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …1730
      4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7171349

See more discussions