Found 31st May 2010
I'm going Paris in one months time and I'm required to have a EHIC card I'm not sure where to start off? I have my national insurance number. I was told I need to be over 16 otherwise my dad has to apply on behalf of the family?
Any help would be great

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
12 Comments

As above.

Banned

your parent does have to apply, but it will be in your own name, you get one per person

online it says there is a charge for, i did it via post and dont recall paying anything

Banned

bossyboots;8731582

http://www.ehic.uk.com/apply.htmlParis is fantastic! You will have a … http://www.ehic.uk.com/apply.htmlParis is fantastic! You will have a brilliant timeMy son has a card in his own name and he is a child

I thought he was an OAP...

Original Poster

So which option do I choose? I'm thinking the bottom one but above someone said about my parent applying in my name? How does that work?

Also how long does it take to get one?

It's free if you go direct to the official website
direct.gov.uk/en/…245

EDIT that takes you to the NHS page ehic.org.uk/Int….do where you can apply online free of charge

just done our renewal via there & cards came quite quickly as well

Banned

the main applicant has to be over 16

Original Poster

sassie;8731814

the main applicant has to be over 16

Could you eloborate?

Thanks guys

Banned

Met-Cast;8731844

Could you eloborate?Thanks guys

elaborate what, you are under 16 :?

is there a problem with your parents being able to do this, each family member should have one

Original Poster

sassie;8731852

elaborate what, you are under 16 :?is there a problem with your parents … elaborate what, you are under 16 :?is there a problem with your parents being able to do this, each family member should have one

Does that mean my dad has to apply and add my name in or what?

Why should they?

Banned

Met-Cast;8731879

Does that mean my dad has to apply and add my name in or what?Why should … Does that mean my dad has to apply and add my name in or what?Why should they?

yes it does, you will all get get your own cards though, with your names on and your date of birth, and why should he, because he is your father and you are a minor

sassie;8731711

your parent does have to apply, but it will be in your own name, you get … your parent does have to apply, but it will be in your own name, you get one per persononline it says there is a charge for, i did it via post and dont recall paying anything

There's only a charge if you go through anyone other than the official site, as they are scamming you for "admin fees", when it's free to get directly.

Banned

DragonChris;8732392

There's only a charge if you go through anyone other than the official … There's only a charge if you go through anyone other than the official site, as they are scamming you for "admin fees", when it's free to get directly.

yeah found that out, robbing gits
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition56531
    2. Free Soap & Glory Bath Bomb (High Score)45
    3. Free money and competition entry @ Circle56
    4. Win a Mama to Bee necklace from Blooming Lovely Jewellery, worth £249! @ Ne…22

See more discussions