Ekornes Stressless recliners - anyone any experience?

Banned 6
Found 19th Aug 2017
Have been offered a couple of these at what appears to be a good price. They seem to go for a fair bit on eBay.

Reading reviews on furniture shops online they seem to generally be thought of as rubbish and overpriced!!

Anyone any experience? Thanks

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
6 Comments

They are no different from chain store recliners, you will pay extra for the name,
the actions and motors are all from the same suppliers.
Action is a Leggett and Platt from USA
motors from China

Original Poster Banned

Thanks - but I'm not sure Erkones make electric recliners do they?

I thought they were all manual and Norwegian but I may be wrong. Ones I have been offered definitely aren't electric

We've got a pair and they're reasonable. Not particularly high quality but they've lasted a decade or two with only minor components failing.

They're not something I'd pay hundreds for second hand, but neither are they really cheap rubbish that'll collapse on you after two or three years either.

Original Poster Banned

EndlessWaves10 m ago

We've got a pair and they're reasonable. Not particularly high quality but …We've got a pair and they're reasonable. Not particularly high quality but they've lasted a decade or two with only minor components failing.They're not something I'd pay hundreds for second hand, but neither are they really cheap rubbish that'll collapse on you after two or three years either.

Thanks for the reply - from an owner! Bit of a difference between a decade or two but one of them sounds good enough for me.

New prices seem absolutely ridiculous at over a grand EACH!! They seem very popular on eBay and ones in good condition seem to hold their value. From the pics I've seen these look VGC

Not sure if I love or hate the bare kind of look? Our last sofa purchase was an Ercol 3 piece about 10 years ago for the grand total of 99p.......

Plus delivery costs! It was like new but it's not anymore

Thanks again for the response from an actual user

Jackmaster2 h, 3 m ago

Thanks for the reply - from an owner! Bit of a difference between a decade …Thanks for the reply - from an owner! Bit of a difference between a decade or two

Well they're still going strong so I'd expect them to make two decades. The limiting straps have snapped and the locking mechanism has scratched the bar it runs along, but the swivel and reclining mechanisms work and the padding is still adequate (it was never generous to begin with).

Looking at ebay sold prices they do seem rather bit high. With the amount of serviceable furniture out there for very cheap I wouldn't want to pay more than £100 for the pair, maybe £150 if they come with all the trimmings (footstools, tablets etc.) and haven't seen much use.
Edited by: "EndlessWaves" 19th Aug 2017

We have two Magic recliners had for three years now and we both find them very comfortable. BTW don't pay full RRP for them always come on offer and we got ours from Housing Units and had good service from them.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants