Groups

Eldest Daughter is just back from a party, guess what her prize is...

A blooming recorder.

Shes only 5, has no idea how to play it, my ears dont hurt at all right now.

12 Comments

have a party and make sure the kid whos party it was today wins she drum set :-D

time to learn then,,,good idea starting to learn music at an early age,,,

Original Poster

longbowassassin;5544172

time to learn then,,,good idea starting to learn music at an early age,,,

I used to play recorder when I was at Primary, think I did it for 2 year, but its 14 year later, I cant remember anything lol.

Original Poster

lil_tiger;5544153

have a party and make sure the kid whos party it was today wins she drum … have a party and make sure the kid whos party it was today wins she drum set :-D

Wish I could but my Daughters birthday is the 23rd December.

lol hahaha good on the little'un.....now she's gonna do yer nut right in with it....coz its a prize and you have to let her use it :whistling:

so no being mean and taking it off her just coz you cant stand the noise! :-D

Original Poster

StevenA2000_uk;5544219

lol hahaha good on the little'un.....now she's gonna do yer nut right in … lol hahaha good on the little'un.....now she's gonna do yer nut right in with it....coz its a prize and you have to let her use it :whistling:so no being mean and taking it off her just coz you cant stand the noise! :-D

Just wish I could remember something to show her, shes blowing into it without covering the back hole which is why its making such a squeaky noise.

Thank god shes in the room with it just now.

if i remember rightly the bottom hole is kept covered?

we used to play in infant school lol

bbc.co.uk/dna…387 some suggested tunes there...might be fun to learn with her

Why don't you look on youtube and see if they have any how to videos on there? They seem to have instructional videos on just about anything on there!!!

Have you thought about earplugs?

I learnt to play the recorder at school when I was about 7. I loved it. Our pet bird loved it even more, and used to chirp along to the songs. If you've got a pet bird and you've already had enough, keep child away from bird when the recorder is in use!

Original Poster

lil_tiger;5544244

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/alabaster/A506387 some suggested tunes … http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/alabaster/A506387 some suggested tunes there...might be fun to learn with her

Dumpling;5544255

Why don't you look on youtube and see if they have any how to videos on … Why don't you look on youtube and see if they have any how to videos on there? They seem to have instructional videos on just about anything on there!!!Have you thought about earplugs? I learnt to play the recorder at school when I was about 7. I loved it. Our pet bird loved it even more, and used to chirp along to the songs. If you've got a pet bird and you've already had enough, keep child away from bird when the recorder is in use!

Thanks both, will have a look at both.

My son started on recorder. Moved on to trumpet aged 10. He is now 24, engineer but still plays in a jazz band spare time in London where he works.

Great social life. Kept them off the streets as teenagers because there was always music to be played somewhere.

cellotape over hole?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Laptop 1060 gtx ?22
      2. Do you use a case on your iPhone?1010
      3. What's the name of that brand that looks like Playstation symbols?23
      4. Input Lag v Refresh rate on a TV..44

See more discussions