Electric Bike Options

Found 5th Jun
Hi

I have a budget of £1200 for an electric bike, I only want an electric bike.

I've test rode the Carrera crossfire and liked it - but i know its been cheaper at least a couple of times before so a bit hesitant on buying at full price

Has anyone bought an electric bike from Amazon on here - if so any recommendations seems to be loads on the site and a lot cheaper than the rest.

just looked at go-outdoors and they have 1 electric bike which looks OK but cant find any reviews

Calibre Kinetic e-Bike - this is only 899 +£5 membership ( that is what membership used to be)

any thoughts suggestions on a good bike around £1200 would be welcome

thanks all
Community Updates
AskFitness
7 Comments
I know nothing about e-bikes but I found this old thread.@Aeschylus seems to be raving about oxygen electric bikes. For price comparison try E-bikesdirect
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 5th Jun
Toptrumpet14 m ago

I know nothing about e-bikes but I found this old thread. @Aeschylus …I know nothing about e-bikes but I found this old thread. @Aeschylus seems to be raving about oxygen electric bikes. For price comparison try E-bikesdirect

thanks for the link - forgot about those bikes and they look ok - ioll have a look at some reviews.
I just searched electric bikes on here, many of the deal threads have comments made by members who obviously know about electric bikes and the pros and cons. Just pm any of the members for their opinions if you need more help.
I don't know what it's like to own a 1200-3000 ebike but all legal ones are capped at 15.5mph so not really sure the propose in more expensive ones,

I can understand they can have bigger battery's but mine gets me there and bag with 2/5 bars left (12 round trip miles with hills)

And honestly on mine I never really go over the 15.5 as bike is heavy and would be too much effort so I assume with a more expensive ones you can go push 20-25 easier without killing yourself and then have the motor for hills?

But for my commute I'm.happy with the speed and time it takes and my Carrera evengance was 850£+20% sale which happens often, then 10% off cycling membership (20£ cost) them paid rest with zeek got 8% off and then another 30£ in referral bonuses and 15£ cashback Making it cost me only 540£ after all, bargain really
found this bike at the top of my price range

bike

main difference is that it has a crank drive not wheel - which I am hoping would be better when i attach a bike trailer.
got the bike and its good on first initial couple of hours - have unrestricted it by changing settings on LCD and now i get boosted up to 20-25mph, works really well and feels nice and works well - well happy with it
As its now unrestricted, you will need to have the bike registered, insured and taxed as a motor vehicle otherwise you could be prosecuted and the bike seized

Read more at cyclingweekly.com/new…973
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants