Found 7th Oct 2016
Hi, am looking for a double electric blanket pref with dual control but not essential. Realise it's the wrong time of year for offers but if you see any can you let me know?
Not expecting to be to get a bargain just don't want to pay full price. Thanks

5 Comments

Do you want an over blanket or an under blanket? Over blankets tend to cost a lot more.

To be honest the over blankets rarely go on sale - I have been keeping an eye on prices for the past year waiting for a particular brand to discount and none of them have dropped the price one penny. Not even in the height of summer.

The best you can hope for is when someone like Argos has a discount voucher for X percent off electricals and then go for that.

FWIIW I find the dreamland intelliheat blanket to be the best - about £55 for the single and about £75 for the double overblanket.

I bought an electric blanket from argos that came with manufacturer 3 year warranty. At 2 years 11 months it stopped working, took it to argos with receipt and proof of warranty and got a new one exactly the same. Cant remember the brand but it was a well known one, its a dual control as well with timer function. Its just that buying from argos is easy, the stores are mostly everywhere.

Original Poster

tawse57

Do you want an over blanket or an under blanket? Over blankets tend to … Do you want an over blanket or an under blanket? Over blankets tend to cost a lot more.To be honest the over blankets rarely go on sale - I have been keeping an eye on prices for the past year waiting for a particular brand to discount and none of them have dropped the price one penny. Not even in the height of summer.The best you can hope for is when someone like Argos has a discount voucher for X percent off electricals and then go for that. FWIIW I find the dreamland intelliheat blanket to be the best - about £55 for the single and about £75 for the double overblanket.

I'd like an under blanket. Never tried an over blanket.

Argos have silentnight fleece under blanket half price at £29.99. King size only I think. Single control.

Just be sure to get it tested annually... we had one a couple of years back that nearly set our bed on fire. First time in years there were sparks between the sheets. Didn't help that she'd stopped using fabric conditioner in the washing, was pulling her fleecey pyjamas straight out of the tumble dryer, putting them on and getting into bed. The static was ridiculous, and probably contributed to the fault. Every time she moved there were big flashes under the duvet
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition70779
    2. Win Google Pixel 2 or a Google Pixel 2 XL11
    3. Win a villa holiday for two in Portugal with Four Seasons Fairways @ Sunday…66
    4. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines54

See more discussions