Posted 3rd Jan 2022
We are looking for a small family electric car lease
anyone found any good deals?
everything seems a bit pricy at the moment?

has anyone tried using on.to?
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment
11 Comments
  1. Avatar
    I think lack of chip making it pricy
  2. Avatar
    Even with out the chip shortage, there is little reason to cut the price of the cars, esp. electric ones.

Demand is high and so is inflation.

Looking at the latest data, July to Sept 2021, total pay was up 5.8% and regular pay was 4.9% factor in people are buying you cant really expect the price to drop.
  3. Avatar
    How many miles are you doing per year?
  4. Avatar
    Prices are creeping up. I leased my iX3 in September for £320 just checked now out of curiosity and it's £370
  5. Avatar
    Cheapest I've seen is MG5 £291 3+47
    Edited by: "Cisco060606" 3rd Jan
  6. Avatar
    £3 to charge a EV up? Based on current energy rates I would dispute that.
  7. Avatar
    The electricity rates from 1st April 2022 are around £0.40p per kW hour. So on a 3 kW h charge it will cost £1.20p per hour and an 8 hour charge would cost £9.60p and not £3.
  8. Avatar
    pkk196426/02/2022 14:40

The electricity rates from 1st April 2022 are around £0.40p per kW hour. …The electricity rates from 1st April 2022 are around £0.40p per kW hour. So on a 3 kW h charge it will cost £1.20p per hour and an 8 hour charge would cost £9.60p and not £3.

Unless you have an EV tariff like Octopus Energy go/go faster/intelligent where they give you a 4 hour slot each night at £0.05/kWh (if you sign up now I think it's £0.075) so for a 75kWh battery from 0-100% would be around £5-£6? And would take 33ish hours on a standard 3pin plug (3kwh) or 10 hours on a home EV charger (7kWh)

@Tjpw I have used on.to and the service was poor. I rented a Renault Zoe as my Tesla model S was sold and Tesla model 3 was due in 6 weeks. The car broke down 3 times and I was without it for 2 of the 4 weeks. Now to be fair this was a brand new car from Renault so can't blame on.to entirely but still...

Have you looked at Octopus energy EV? They do all in one packages of lease, hone charger and energy tariff, worth a look!
    Edited by: "flegg" 4 h, 14 m ago
  9. Avatar
    Tjpw03/01/2022 15:25

Around 12k

The main question is "when do you need the car?"
    As buying new, you could find yourself waiting a year for delivery - even some of the marques that claim their wait is not that long, are actually taking that long.
    If you can wait, buying brand new is best as prices are still the same as previously.
    If you can't wait a year for a car, you have to buy used and pay the ~30-50% price premium that there currently is in the used market.
  10. Avatar
    Mg zs I'd probably the best value at the moment
Post a comment
Top Merchants