Groups
    EXPIRED

Electric code

Hi
    can some one tell me how to connect the laptop to the T.V please? i heard there is a cart we can get . whre can i buy it? and how much it will be?
    Thanks for your help in advance.
    Regards

10 Comments

You want to connect your laptop to your tv? I don't think you will need an electric code or cart for that, whatever they are!

Does you laptop have one of these on it?
    [img]t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTAgZyltwmPC1bEsBcJI1ONg6OpPiqsEKyUHGiKKS81yWvbfCw-y7IQuF52[/img]
    Or even better one of these?
    [img]t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVfx6yGmayBYyOAmVFlU_gHeq5NJs9pWAkNdyVKW09pYRR-Irie-HQdeQb[/img]
    Plus, what make or model is your tv?

Original Poster

Many thanks for your reply. Yes my laptop have that port on it and the t v model is samsung flat screen . so how to connect it pls?
    Regards

So does it have the top picture, or bottom, or both? You didn't say. The model number is not samsung flat screen, look at the back and give me the model number please

Original Poster

sorry , yes i have the top pic on my laptop and the bottom on my t .v as well.
    the model is LE32C450E1W

Thanks for your time Midurix.

Peamc - please dont be rude to others.

Original Poster

MIDURIX

So does it have the top picture, or bottom, or both? You didn't say. The … So does it have the top picture, or bottom, or both? You didn't say. The model number is not samsung flat screen, look at the back and give me the model number please

there should b a lead that connects them; however i do not know what this is called. then ur laptop should have an option to display on the TV somehow. sorry vague but my boyfriend set this up for myself

This is close to what you need. (check the combined pack)

amazon.co.uk/Cab…810

I do believe that you will need this same piece but with the female VGA on one end rather than the male.

Another note is that you will not be able to send audio through the VGA connection.

Original Poster

poppins_mary

there should b a lead that connects them; however i do not know what this … there should b a lead that connects them; however i do not know what this is called. then ur laptop should have an option to display on the TV somehow. sorry vague but my boyfriend set this up for myself

Thank you for trying to help me.

TheGimp

This is close to what you need. (check the combined … This is close to what you need. (check the combined pack)[url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.co.uk%2FCabling4Less-DVI-VGA-HD15-Adaptor%2Fdp%2FB000FII810]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cabling4Less-DVI-VGA-HD15-Adaptor/dp/B000FII810[/url] I do believe that you will need this same piece but with the female VGA on one end rather than the male.Another note is that you will not be able to send audio through the VGA connection.

the one from amazon is not the right cable, what you need is this: here
    Or anything else like that. So what is on your laptop is called vga female with the holes in it, that cable has vga male to go in there and hmdi on the other end for your tv. Maybe you tv also has the blue vga input? Then you just need a vga cable

Ignore my post above, you can't go from vga to hdmi. If you tv has vga buy a vga to vga cable
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Best 40 inch TV for £30056
      2. Biscuit addiction1231
      3. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1325
      4. Easyjet - book now or wait?813

See more discussions