Groups

Electric coffee grinder?

HI can anyone recommend a good electric coffee grinder please?

I have recently bought an espresso machine and would like to grind my own coffee beans.

Cheers in advance.

19 Comments

what is your budget?

Dualit burr coffee grinder. £50 _ £60

Original Poster

matthews9479

what is your budget?

Thanks for you're reply .Not sure really. About £30 as long as it grinds top quality. I can go above but just want a decent deal.

best thing to look for is something that is easy to clean as ideally you need to be cleaning it after every use. if you spend loads on something that is difficult to clean it will end up at the back of the cupboard or in the bin.

Original Poster

zippy22

Dualit burr coffee grinder. £50 _ £60

Cheers zippy was looking a little cheaper as only paid £69 for the delonghi ecz351.bk.

But looking around that might be my best option. I could have gone for a bean to cup as its all adding up lol..

Wouldn't use anything less than than an ancient monkey skull personally. Preferably macaca genus, but any old world primate skull would suffice. Remember to bash the beans against the highest possible gravitational pull, as there's around 0.7% difference depending on where you're making your grounds. There's a mountain in Peru with a 9.8337 m/s2 pull which would be ideal.

Original Poster

I could just go for already ground coffee but not sure on price difference as I drink ALOT of coffee...

If I buy beans will it pay for the grinder after a few months?

Obviously freshly ground would be much tastier..

Original Poster

Vanderlust

Wouldn't use anything less than than an ancient monkey skull personally. … Wouldn't use anything less than than an ancient monkey skull personally. Preferably macaca genus, but any old world primate skull would suffice. Remember to bash the beans against the highest possible gravitational pull, as there's around 0.7% difference depending on where you're making your grounds. There's a mountain in Peru with a 9.8337 m/s2 pull which would be ideal.

I was thinking of emigrating so thanks for the advice.:D

Original Poster

How about this. It's only for one person(me).

amazon.co.uk/dp/…SJ8

De'Longhi KG79 Professional Burr Grinder, about £35 at argos/amazon at the moment. But has been as low as £25. Briliant so far after a year. 2 year guarantee i think to.

skidderbrown

I could just go for already ground coffee but not sure on price … I could just go for already ground coffee but not sure on price difference as I drink ALOT of coffee...If I buy beans will it pay for the grinder after a few months?Obviously freshly ground would be much tastier..

​Generally beans/ground tend to be same price when bought in small amounts. Buy the beans in 1kg and above and you start saving. Taste wise, i honestly cant tell the difference.

If you've already got a nutribullet or similar you can use that!

skidderbrown

How about this. It's only for one … How about this. It's only for one person(me).https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002OHDBQC/ref=psdc_3544814031_t1_B005VBNSJ8

​haha, just clicked your link. Same as i have/recommend. Very good.

Original Poster

Rich069

​haha, just clicked your link. Same as i have/recommend. Very good.

Yes lol I've got £25 of argos vouchers so I think will go for that.

Cheers all.

Original Poster

On a final comment please everyone. Which beans are best please?

I like a good Costa Americano with cold milk so what would be the nearest please?

And no funny comments saying Costa beans please.X)

Starbucks beans are on offer at Tesco £2.50 a bag at the moment, usually £3.50 a bag. Varying strengths, I go for the espresso dark roast, but I only drink short dark strong coffee.

Personally, i find the starbucks a bit bitter. Much prefer Costa to Starbucks beans. Lavazza rossa is similar to the Costa. There is a Lavazza bean deal at Asda posted earlier today-£6 a kilo, very cheap, but cant say if its any good as, if i have to buy any from supermarket, i get the lavazza rossa ones. Tesco finest espresso beans are nice.

Original Poster

windym

Starbucks beans are on offer at Tesco £2.50 a bag at the moment, usually … Starbucks beans are on offer at Tesco £2.50 a bag at the moment, usually £3.50 a bag. Varying strengths, I go for the espresso dark roast, but I only drink short dark strong coffee.

Thanks for the input.

Original Poster

Rich069

Personally, i find the starbucks a bit bitter. Much prefer Costa to … Personally, i find the starbucks a bit bitter. Much prefer Costa to Starbucks beans. Lavazza rossa is similar to the Costa. There is a Lavazza bean deal at Asda posted earlier today-£6 a kilo, very cheap, but cant say if its any good as, if i have to buy any from supermarket, i get the lavazza rossa ones. Tesco finest espresso beans are nice.

Cheers for the advice.Noted..
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Speccing a gaming pc37
      2. help: windows 10 wifi issue55
      3. Best IPTV Paid service?1721
      4. advice needed on dumbell weight training please46

See more discussions